Thread: Still Awake

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 1,220 Posts

Default Still Awake

OK It is 2AM and I am still awake. As many of you know I ran out of insurance in Oct. and I don't yet have my disability so I am in limbo as far as doctors go. I am on my last refill of my fibromyalgia/sleep med so I have had to reduce the amount I take by 25mg a day. Needless to say my body has noticed. This really isn't a good thing because lack of sleep takes me even faster into a flare and I just came out of one from last week. I am really unsure of what to do because neither of my option are very good. Have I mentioned that I really dislike being ill?

Honestly there is no point to this post I am just up and felt like venting a moment.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi tgal, I know where you are at? Before I knew what was wrong and had no meds to help; I had several tricks.
    I started to give them but realized they may not work for you. Let me know if you're interested.

Not wanting to be a busybody

hugs and relaxing thought are being sent your way
    nonna

Thanks

LOL Nonna! You are so silly! You are not a busybody! Help is always appreciated!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mari,

Have you been to the groups page yet? There's a group on there all about being awake at insane hours. I haven't been on that one in a while, but it's really funny!

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Found this thread and decided to bump this one up. It is 1:41 Central time in the US and I am still awake. I took all my night meds (including 300 mg of ammitriptyline) and I am still awake. Even the dogs gave up on me and went to bed. I have no idea why I can't sleep but I simply can't. My daughter will be getting up in about 4 1/2 hours and it looks like I may not have gone to bed yet.

This crazy disease!
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mari - Hope you were able to get to sleep! I managed to go to sleep earlier than usual last night, about 11:30, but now I've been wide awake since 5am! WTHeck is up w/that? I'm never up before 8/9, except on Fridays when I am forced to play taxi driver @ 7:30am! LOL (((HUGS)))
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I still have all my tricks.
    Hot bath to relax muscle
    read a book and make eye tired
    tell muscles to relax starting with toes. (someone said that was Lamaze, wouldn't know never had a class)
    watch a movie and give up on trying to sleep.
    Totally give up and accomish something useful

hugs sweetheart we love you
    Toni

Blog Entries
    Thanks

On average i get about 4 hours sleep a night no matter what i do. I hope that something will soon work out for you with your coverage of meds and insurance and someone will help you i wish i could do more for you. Love Bonita