Thread: Weird Rash

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Weird Rash

]I just had this big long message typed out and my internet messed up so I have to retype everything=/
    I have this weird rash on my hip and I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what it might be. Im not even sure if its lupus related or not. It was purple earlier but now its just really red. And its itchy.

DSCF6187.jpgDSCF6186.jpgDSCF6189.jpgDSCF6185.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]2976[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

That is an angry looking rash, kiddo. Have you tried any OTC stuff, like hydrocortisone, on it? If it doesn't clear up, I'd show it to the rheumy or a dermatologist.
    Also, could you have scraped yourself in the accident?
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

that looks like when I had shingles. Are those little blisters I am seeing? Or open sores? If so I would go straight to the dr and make sure it isn't shingles, which is very contagious.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

He also thought it might be shingles but then he looked at it closer and thinks it some kind of contact rash or something. Im allergic to nickel so some of those bumps are from that. He gave me some cream and said to call if it doesnt clear up in a few days. We'll see!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm allergic to nickel too, but my nickel rashes always take the form and shape of exactly whatever nickel thing it is that touched my body. What kind of cream did he give you? Zovirax and Zostrix are shingles creams.
    Please don't hesitate to call if the rash progresses. I don't want to scare you but Shingles is extremely dangerous when left untreated and is also highly contagious. You can not be around children, people who work with children, the elderly, the immuno-compromised or those who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. You also need to avoid those who have not had chicken pox before or who have had shingles before. I had to spend a week in a hotel at the time I had it b/c that list described everyone I knew at that time. It can also lead to blindness, permanent nerve damage and sometimes even death if left uncontrolled.
    Again, I am not trying to scare you, but you really need to be aware of what it is you might be dealing with if it is Shingles. If that rash starts looking blistery, call right away
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That looks like the shingles I had. The only thing that worked for me was Famvir (oral medicine). They gave me creams and Valtrex and those didn't work at all. Famvir dried it up and I started feeling normal again. I know how it feels.. I'm sorry sweety. I'm allergic to nickel too, but unless you've been wearing a nickel corset I doubt thats a nickel reaction. haha.