Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh in so much pain

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Ugh in so much pain

Is anybody elses joints killing them lately? I'm still waiting to get an appointment to see my 3rd rheum, and for the past 3 days now my body has been hurting SO bad. Every single joint in my body from my jaw to my toes has been screaming at me, especially my hips. I've been using my cane solidly for the past two days otherwise I can't even go out because I can't walk for very long. I'm going to the doctor on monday for another issue besides this, I also think I have acid reflux, because every time I eat, no matter what I eat, I cough up mucus as if I have a bad cold, cough cough cough for ages, and then my throat hurts as well as my chest. Argh...
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

Ive been in a bady way, too. It's all the up and down storminess. Its cold, its wet, barometer is up and down. Its like when there's a storm outside, I have a storm of my own inside. I hope you get feeling better.

Thanks

Joint pain is my main complaint, I have it every day, in most of my joints.
    I have lupus and RA, I am sure both of those nasty diseases are responsible for the pain.
    I am refusing narcodics, so my rheumy prescribes NSAIDS, ( I have tried three different ones, taking Mobic now), none of them really help and all of them upset my stomach.
    Sometimes heat helps a little, but most of the time, I just suffer.
    It's been going on for years.
    The most pain I have is in my fingers, hands, wrists, shoulders, neck, right hip, left knee and sometimes in my ankles.
    Resting helps too, but I still work full time, there is no such thing as resting, but on my days off, I sit in my chair and the pain gets better.
    It is a visious circle, because I can't move and exercise, I have gained weight, which of course is bad for the joints.
    I need to loose about 30 pounds.
    I am so sorry, I didn't mean to make this post about me, but I know, what you are going through.
    Having pain every day, is very frustrating, I DO UNDERSTAND.
    Hope you have a less painful day.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

YES! I feel your joint pain in my own joints. I have PsA/RA too and the cold is killing me. It's also making me look like a leper again with big ole psoriatic spots on my hands. I really don't know if I hate the cold weather or the hot sun more. *SIGH*

I also have the reflux issue. This year I had to do a "chew and swallow test" to see if I had reflux. The test showed that I didn't have it bad enough to label it as such but the dr decided I really should be on OTC antiacids. Course I never quite remember that when I am in the pharmacy to buy things but that's another issue. I always seem to remember it when the reflux flares up though!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yep I have RA and Lupus too, and every single joint in my body is affected, even my flippin jaw. Jaw, neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, back, hips, knees, ankles, toes....Everything, has been swollen, stiff and driving me nuts lately. It's cold and very wet here in the west and that's the only part about this place that I wish I could change. It chills you right down to the bone and causes an ache that makes you want to rip your skin and muscles off because nothing seems to reach it and soothe it. I swim sometimes but notice if I do too much physical activity I'm in a lot of trouble, which sucks because I don't like to be lazy.
    Don't worry Debbie you didn't make this post about you, say whatever you want to say! I'm taking prednisone right now, I stopped taking the generic form of plaquenil because honestly, that stuff does nothing for me, it really doesn't. I want actual pain killers now, I'm hoping my new Rhuem will put me on Humira, or Enbrel, or SOMETHING, to control the stiffness and pain.

I'm hoping to see my GP today to talk about the coughing problem, because its driving me crazy as well as annoying the people who live with me.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Debbie, I'm truly concerned for you! I suffer from fibromyalgia and Lupus and I very much understand the pain you're talking about. Why are you refusing narcotics? Do you have an alcoholic background? I do. I've been alcohol free for a decade and I follow my prescriptions to the letter. If I didn't get pain relief, I'm afraid that one day I might kill myself. The pain makes life that hard. Talk to a therapist or speak further with your rheum doc. NSAIDS help, I take those too, but they don't take that wicked, wicked edge off the burning ache that these diseases cause. I wouldn't dream of telling you what's right for you. I'm just asking that you give great consideration to all your options. Quality of life is essential. Your post doesn't paint a quality picture. You're in my prayers and God bless you for trying so hard.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Turns out it is Acid Reflux, got pills to get that under control now too *sigh*. PILLS, PILLS, PILLS. I hope you find some relief soon Debbie...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes my arthritis is out of control latley and i do not like the cold weather at all. I take kapidex because i have barrotts esophagas because of the gerd being so bad over the years and i go to the gastroentrologist every 6 months because this can become cancerous. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Hunniebun,
    Know those pills are a pain, but if they control symptoms especially the Acid reflux stick with them. Like Bonita I have Barretts due to untreated Gerd. My last biopsy showed some small change so its back for more tests tomorrow Uggggg!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serand4 View Post
    Debbie, I'm truly concerned for you! I suffer from fibromyalgia and Lupus and I very much understand the pain you're talking about. Why are you refusing narcotics? Do you have an alcoholic background? I do. I've been alcohol free for a decade and I follow my prescriptions to the letter. If I didn't get pain relief, I'm afraid that one day I might kill myself. The pain makes life that hard. Talk to a therapist or speak further with your rheum doc. NSAIDS help, I take those too, but they don't take that wicked, wicked edge off the burning ache that these diseases cause. I wouldn't dream of telling you what's right for you. I'm just asking that you give great consideration to all your options. Quality of life is essential. Your post doesn't paint a quality picture. You're in my prayers and God bless you for trying so hard.
    No, I have no alcoholic background. I just don't like the way these narcodics make me feel. I feel whoozy and heavy, everything is in slowmotion, I just hate it.
    Mobic helps a little, but I have to take it with food, which is not always possible at work.
    My next rheumy appt. is on Dec.15, I will ask the doc for any suggestions he might have about my pain control.
    Btw, I have fibro as well, RA and lupus, possible scleroderma. I must have yelled "ME"!, to many times when they gave out the awful diseases.
    But I already know, what my doc is going to say, " you need to quit your job". It is very physical, with heavy lifting, up to 45 pounds. I can't quit this job, it pays very well, has great benefits and great health insurance.
    Thank you very much for your concern.
    Good for you, that you have been sober for 10 years, that is awesome.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).