Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twitching feeling in my head?...anyone else with cns lupus?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Exactly!!!! Oh this is lovely! Let's add another part of my body damaged! LOL well at least I have CNS so maybe pretty soon I won't remember that it hurts (sorry I know it isn't funny but sometimes all you can do is laugh)
    Now you sound like me! If we don't laugh about it at least sometimes, we'd be crying all the time and what good would that do us? Thanks for making me smile tonight!
    Lauren

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

OMG ignore me! I am running on a total of 9 hours sleep in the last 3 days and major brain fog. I really do know that CNS is central nervous system (IE nerves) but when I wrote that post my brain was thinking brain. I logged off and was laying down watching TV when it hit me! I guess it goes right along with calling the clothes hamper a car. I just never know what I am going to get confused about!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Default Sounds like me...again lol

I totally get what you mean! I have to laugh sometimes or it does get too depressing. The anxiety/mood swings etc get way worse right before my periods too so it doesn't help. I just try to keep myself calm. Plus today I haven't been able to eat since I have to be on an all liquid diet and drink the gallon of crap to clean out my system before the scope tests tomorrow. UGGH. I have a headache and am so out of it. Ill be glad when this is over and hopefully we'll have some answers!! *hugs* all. -Lupie Britt
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    The cold toes! I know this is about the tingling (which I definitely could talk about today!) however I saw something said about the toes getting so cold there was pain. Let me first say that since I was spayed (LOL sounds so much more fun then "had a hysterectomy) I am really hot natured. I don't usually get cold however over the last week my fingers and toes have been getting really cold. My toes, however have become so cold that they hurt. They almost felt like they were on fire from cold. Anyone know what causes that? (I know this is a different topic but since Mommyof1 brought it up seemed like a good place to ask)
    Mari,
    What you are describing sounds lots like Raynaud's Syndrome. Google it and see if you agree. My toes will get cold and numb. When I was in Arkansas for the birth of my grandson, it was cold outside and I was stressed, so my toes swelled up and turned purple. I could barely walk.
    We've had a few chilly nights here lately, and I've had two toes swell up for a while. The sheets even make them hurt at night when they touch them.
    Hugs,
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Britt,

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. Ironically, CNS problems have me over a barrel, so to speak. I can't mentally keep things together right now, but I will answer your questions when I can.

Rob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Mari,
    What you are describing sounds lots like Raynaud's Syndrome. Google it and see if you agree. My toes will get cold and numb. When I was in Arkansas for the birth of my grandson, it was cold outside and I was stressed, so my toes swelled up and turned purple. I could barely walk.
    We've had a few chilly nights here lately, and I've had two toes swell up for a while. The sheets even make them hurt at night when they touch them.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Hey Marla,

I know what it is but I thought your fingers/toes had to turn colors when with Raynauds. Mine don't do that. I mean, they get a tad bit more red like any body part does when it is cold but not like the usual Raynauds pictures. They do, however, hurt to the touch. I found bath/shower water feels like I am sticking them in fire and socks feel like they are rubbing my toes raw
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Hi Britt,

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. Ironically, CNS problems have me over a barrel, so to speak. I can't mentally keep things together right now, but I will answer your questions when I can.

Rob
    Hope you are feeling better soon. Miss you and my thoughts are with you still
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Mari,
    My toes swell and turn red, then purple. I'll sometimes get what looks like a blood blister on the tips, and the skin on that blister will later peel. The shower hurts my toes, too.
    When I described it to the rheumy, she didn't even look at them - she just said Raynaud's and told me to wear warm socks.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

I hope that we hear from you soon, Rob.
    I'm thinking about you and hoping that you feel better soon.
    Gentle Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Thank you all and I hope you feel better real soon Rob! *gentle hugs* -Lupie Britt
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!