Thread: ana with no diagnosis, lots of questions

Thanks

Default ana with no diagnosis, lots of questions

i've had ANAs since i was hospitalized with mono ten+ years ago, anywhere from 1:180 to 1:2560, usually in the middle.

my symptoms since: fatigue, generalized body aches, pain in several joints without swelling, difficulty extending my joints after rest in a tight position, neck pain and tenderness at the base of my head, eye floaters, dry mucous membranes, intermittently swollen lymph nodes in my groin and armpit, occasional numbness and tingling in my extremities, elevated prolactin levels (thought to be due to medication), anxiety, IBS, TMJ, benign breast tumors, benign hemagiomas of liver and skin, benign abnormal moles, miscarriage, tightness/tickling in my chest, occasional vague feeling of nausea and fatigue after sun exposure, and allergies. i am sensitive to most medications and am allergic to sulfa drugs and tetracyclines, henna, other plant products, possibly ibuprofen (swelling) and spermicides. i felt much worse on birth control pills and during my pregnancy up until miscarriage.

i have taken every other blood test imaginable for autoimmune disease but have no other consistent abnormalities besides the elevated ANA. most doctors tell me that my symptoms aren't rheumatic/autoimmune and i probably suffer from fibromyalgia.

any thoughts on these symptoms from others with lupus or other autoimmune diseases?

also, has anyone with similar symptoms had a successful pregnancy or had lupus come on during pregnancy?

thanks for listening to my laundry list. on the bright side, i try to lead a fun, fulfilling life! :lol:

Thanks

hi tony[ - you and I share a lot of symptoms, but there's some I don't have. My test pattern is a bit different, and my docs say I have SLE. I can't diagnose whether you have that or fibro or whatever, I'm just not a doc!

Continue to monitor your symptoms and be sure your doc LISTENS to you.

There are many who've had successful pregnancies with lupus, but I'm not sure about lupus arising during or from pregnancy.

Manyhugs - and keep the good spirits, life is best when lived with gratitude.

Thanks

I also have had lupus -like symtoms since supposedly having mono in college, but was only diagnosed 2 years ago. I still kind of think I never had mono, but a Lupus or Sjogren's flare.

I have been told by an OB/GYN that a lot of people with Lupus feel better in their first trimester of pregnancy than they ever have, but are very susceptible to worse problems than they have ever had in the second or third trimester. Some people with Lupus are more susceptible to blood clots and miscarriages - they can test for this by doing a Lupus Anticoagulant Panel. I get one done a few times a year. I think people with Lupus all have a slightly elevated risk of miscarriage, but not nearly as much as those with a positive Panel.

Good luck with diagnosis - I think the diagnostic process for Lupus can sometimes be worse than dealing with the disease itself. At least when you know what's wrong with you, you can focus your energies in that direction.
    Missy