Thread: Fatigue and muscle spasms

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy Fatigue and muscle spasms

At the moment I am too tired to sleep. I cooked today and even though I rested my back and shoulders are giving me great pain. My muscles are spasming soo bad the muscle relaxer isn't working. Which way do you turn? Which condition should I be treating.

Hypocalcemia - low blood calcium
    tremors that may or may not be due to Parkinsons
    the pain is the only thing I know for sure

talking about the temors/spasms is helping or else the meds are finally taking effect.
    The pain in my left arm and shoulder is almost too much to bear.

Any ideas on how I can deal. I don't see the doctor for 2 weeks yet

Thanks
    nonna.

Thanks

Nonna,
    I know just how you feel. Whenever I tire myself out too much, my muscles will spasm all night and disturb my sleep terribly. Baclofen helps a little, but makes me sleep for 12 hours straight and then feel groggy the next day. I've found that a hot rum toddy works much the same and doesn't make me feel as awful the next day - go figure!
    I've cooked all day, but I did it in easy stages and rested in between. I'm relaxing with my wine now and I feel pretty good.
    I hope that the medicine helps you and that you can get some good rest tonight.
    Take care of yourself, and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I can't coach you on your meds but call your doctor's office tomorrow or tonight. Don't wait!! Someone is always on call. My back is in agony and spasming too. Probably we over did things for the holiday. I was trying to help clean up after our dinner and totally ran out of air. My lungs are my greatest weakness. Thank goodness I could sneak off and use my neubulizer. The things we do to keep up with family tradition. Again, please make the call. These doctors understand what they're in for when they take this job. If it feels very serious, get a ride to the ER.

Take good care, I'll keep you in my prayers!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh nonna I am so sorry! We forget we are not superwoman and then pay for it later. I am not sure what kind of shape your knees are in but when my knees are doing OK I know a warm bath helps my muscles when they begin to spasm. I must admit a shower doesn't do as much so the days that I can't get down in the tub I am out of luck. If you can make it in the tub I say get Marla's toddy and take it in the tub with you! It may not fix it but you might not care! LOL
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It was one of the worst nights I've ever had. Thank the Lord it's over. I said to heck with trying to sleep and got up and went with the kids for Black Friday shopping. I did 2 stores and waited in the car for #3. As my car is in the shop flor repair for being hit by the stag; I had Julie drop me attbe car rental place.

Now comes the funny part. The guy tried to put me in a Dodge Ram pickup. Lol I could not even get into it. He had to find something else to rent to me.

I ended up with a chevy impala. Nice car

cross your fingers that I sleep ok tonight, got nothing planned for tomorrow

thanks for the suggestions. Marla I'm gonna try your hot toddy

hugs

nonna

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

LOL Can't sleep so just shop! I think I like that idea! Hope you feel better and get some sleep tonight Nonna
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That made me lol about the truck. We had to take into account my limitations when purchasing our last car. Me hopping into a truck would be a mess! So i can identify! The impala sounds nice. You have gotten some good advice. The joint pain and all that really affects me too. My knees have found a great friend.. it's called Pensaid and they are drops that my doctor gave me. It takes away the redness, swelling, and pain with no side affects. I don't think it works on anything other than knees though. I hope you're able to get some sleep soon. I had to start taking Ambien (which I had resisted for a LONG time) but wow, I've gotten the GREATEST sleep in years. No side affects from Ambien either. I don't get drowsy the next day like I would with Tylenol PM. Keep us updated on how you're doing.

Thanks

I had to LOL about the truck, too. Whenever I have had to ride in a truck or van, my hubby or son would have to get behind me and half lift/half push me into the passenger seat. It was a pain living in Texas, where so many people drove trucks!
    Hugs,
    Marla
    (who is now happy driving a Prius)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well my friend was taking me to work last Tuesday and Wednesday, he has a real jeep and when he picked me up at the repair shop I did it. I climbed in (no curb) the rest of the time he pulled close to a curb and that was easy. This Ram had no running board and seemed to be jacked up. Now my daughter in law's Tahoe had a running board, she is only 5' and I can manage that easy also. But this ram was something.

Thanks for the info on the knee medicine. Been having problems with them since a small child.

Well all I cashed last night about 6:30 PM and sleeper to 5 AM this morning. Didn't feel like going down and plugging in the WiFi so I waited for my son in law David to do it at 6:50
    so here I am alll bright eyed and brushy tailed. Full of energy and ready to go

thanks for helping me through this
    nonna
    woooooo hooooooooo
    Last edited by Nonna; 11-27-2010 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Can not type on my touch

Thanks

So glad that you are feeling better. A good nights sleep, works wonders sometimes.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).