Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Migranes and aneurysms

Thanks

Default Migranes and aneurysms

Does anybody have any problems with migranes and/or aneurysms? I have recently been diagnosed with two aneurysms and have been experiencing severe headaches with no relief from any medications.
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've been living with the knowledge of this condition since 1998.

It's very hard to cope with. You need to live quietly and calmly. Learn what your triggers are. No there are times when there is no relief from meds. A dark room, soft music and calming thoughts.

My neuro surgeon said that any migraine above a seven you need to go to the ER.

I hope this helps to know you are not alone

hugs and calming thoughts,
    nonna

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Mstr Scott. I have had migraines all my life but they almost stopped after I was spayed (LOL). They returned about 3 years ago as I became ill. I also have hypercoaguability which basically means that my blood is not the correct thickness and is at risk of clotting. I know there are a couple of other people on the board that have the High Factor Viii (or V or IX) as well. Just another crazy side effect of this thing
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I also suffered with migrains when i was younger and then they seemed to go away till i was diagnosised with this diease and then i started experiecing all these weird visual disturbing things. And when my mri of the brain came back with tiny white spots on it they sent me to a neurologist and he said i had mostly occular migrains along with the headaches so he put me on verapamil 120 mgs and it stopped some of the symptoms but not all. Bonita

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I suffer with migraines that happen on a weekly basis. I've had all of the tests and scans and they've found nothing..so we have to assume that they are Lupus Migraines (as they do not respond to regular Migraine meds).
    I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with migraines and aneurysms.. this must be very difficult for you. Sending you {{hugs}} as I wish that there was so much more that I could do for you

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Saysusie,
    The headaches are almost always diagnosed as Lupus headaches. I get so aggravated when the doctors want to lump everything to Lupus. Years ago, I used to suffer with migraines, but someone prayed for me and they went away. However, after years of being headache free, I am experiencing headaches with the following symptoms:
    1. weird, lightening-like light in the left eye
    2. severe pains in the right side, back of my neck
    3. throbbing on the right side of my temple
    Because I been diagnosed with aneurysms, I get very afraid when I get a headache. The aneurysms are on both sides od my head - one on the left carrodid artery and the other on the right side top of head.
    I have some difficult days because the disease is getting aggressive. I am not taking the meds prescribed because they make me sick. But again, today, like I always do, I say I am gonna take the meds even if they do make me feel bad. As I am typing this to you, I am suffering from bronchitis. Yay me :-(
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Thanks

Nonna, living quietly is unreasonable for me. I have been to the er twice in 24 hours and they both say that they can't do anything for me. Again, they blame it on LUPUS. Go figure.

Thanks

LUPUS seems to get blamed for everything when the doctors can't find a diagnosis. I guess that's the name of the game for us. The weird, visual things that are going on are a little scary for me. What to do. I am tryign not to stress behind this new madness going on in my body.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I laughed when the neuro told me to live stress free. My job doesn't allow that. But I have found that a change in my life philosophy has.
    1 - the work will always get done sooner or later
    2 - who owns the problem me or them
    3 - stop making mountains out of mole holes
    4 - most important, go with the flow, you can't control life so go with it

hope this helps, to avoid the fear when the headache start treat them asap
    remember not panicking is half the battle

hugs
    nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

As for the vision things ask an eye doctor about it. I have flashes of lightning lights and it is due to the vitreous detaching. So see an eye doctor and see what they say