Thread: Auto immune shock

Thanks

Default Auto immune shock

I am new to all this; Auto immune disease and "chatting" on line to people.
    I think I am still shell shocked and trying to learn as much as possible about my disease; I have connective associated auto immune disease, it is made up of Lupus, Scleroderma and Rheumatoid arthritis

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Sam and welcome to WHL! I understand the shock that you are feeling but you have come to the right place. There are several of our members with connective tissue diseases and honestly there is such an overlap of autoimmune diseases there are most likely more that simply have not been diagnosed. You have found a wonderful group of people that will be glad to be there to help support you as you navigate down this path.

Feel free to look through the old threads or start new ones if you have questions. I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Sam,
    Welcome to the WHL and chat away, as i've found the site and member's terrific people and i call them my family next to my hubby.
    It's all very hard to come to terms with as, i have Hypothroidism [autoimmune disease] besides the list below and still awaiting more blood and
    x-ray results, so we all know what your going through but like tgal said there's so many different forms of the disease and it does'nt help when your blood refuses to give accurate results when they should, all through the lupus.

It will be nice to get to know you. Terri xxx
    Last edited by Peridot_Gem; 11-24-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sam;
    Welcome to our WHL family. I can understand your feeling a bit shell shocked. It is a lot to take in and a bit scary to find that you have an illness that may be with you for the rest of your life. Please know that many of us, who have more than one overlapping disease, who manage to maintain some normalcy in our lives. You will need to make some lifestyle changes in order to help you to live with this disease and we are here to help you through those changes and to give you suggestions and advice on how to navigate through those changes.
    You will find that almost all of us suffer from more than one overlapping disease. It is a well known fact that once you develop one auto-immune disorder, you are more prone to developing others. You are not alone in this issue at all.
    I am so glad that you found us and that you decided to join us. I hope that we can be helpful to you and that you find that you are amongst a group of people who are understanding, comforting, and are a wealth of information!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Welcome to WHL, Sam!
    My doc called it Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. I have symptoms of SLE, Sjogren's, RA and Psoriasis, with some Raynaud's and Polymyositis thrown in. I also have Meniere's and Spasmodic Dysphonia for even more fun.
    It is a shock, and it can be life-changing, but we do learn to deal with it. We're all glad that you've joined us and there is usually someone hanging around who can answer your questions.
    Hugs,
    Marla