Thread: blurred visoin, zig-zag lines, ocular migranes. HELP please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Default blurred visoin, zig-zag lines, ocular migranes. HELP please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is turning into a really big issue.
    I have had this for months, it started with zig-zag lines and blurred vision. My eye doctor said they were ocular migranes and I thought he was crazy, because I didn't have any pain. I used to get them once every couple of months, but now I get them two, three times a week, sometimes more.
    NOW I do get pain with them, every time there is more pain and the pain lasts longer and gets more intense. It starts with the lines, they are so bad, that I can barely see and it's followed by a dull headache and a intense pain in my neck.
    Could it be a reaction to flourecent light? Because I have noticed it happens mostly at work ( grocery store) or when I go shopping. It only happened once while I was at home.
    I had one attack like this at work yesterday and I was thinking of going home early, my coworkers said that I looked terrible.
    What do you guys think ?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Have you asked your doctor? Or gone back to see the eye doctor to tell him that you now have pain? I hope you get some relief soon.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I get pain at the rear of my eye quite often, and my neuro says it's Optic Neuritis. Usually only happens with my right eye. It's also painful to put any pressure on the closed eye. Have you been to an Opthamologist?

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get those symptoms EVERY TIME I'm in the ER. It's their lights (and probably the stress of being in the ER). My only salvation is Valium. I take a low dose the minute I feel it coming on. I also have sever lung/breathing issues so the Valium helps to calm me too. Have a real heart to heart with your doctor. It took me literally demanding help in the ER while I was throwing up blood and blinded by the lights to get the Valium in the first place. My pcp keeps an eye on my meds but he also listens to what I tell him helps me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    I get pain at the rear of my eye quite often, and my neuro says it's Optic Neuritis. Usually only happens with my right eye. It's also painful to put any pressure on the closed eye. Have you been to an Opthamologist?

Rob
    I have seen my Opthamologist about 2 months ago and he thinks those are migranes. I think I will go see a neurologist. I am wondering, if I should wait 'til my rheumy appt. on 12/14/10.
    The reason I have posted it here, was to find out if anybody else has ocular migranes and if they have the same problem with flourecent light and if theirs get worse, like mine are.
    Thank you for everybodies response.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Debbie never mess with your sight. As lupus patients we tend to wait and see. But something to do with your vision is not a wait & see

my thoughts are to see a neurologist or a medical eye doctor

nonna

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    Debbie never mess with your sight. As lupus patients we tend to wait and see. But something to do with your vision is not a wait & see

my thoughts are to see a neurologist or a medical eye doctor

nonna
    Thanks Nonna,

But I have just seen my eye doctor, two months ago, he said my eyes are fine.
    So I guess, I have to go see a neuro, because now after the blurred vision, I get a real bad pain in my neck and a headache.
    Maybe it's a neurological thing.

Debbie