Thread: Having a blue day

Thanks

Default Having a blue day

I'm having a lot of trouble concentrating, and I'm finding that if my kids interrupt me while I'm trying to do something basic I'm getting really snappy. They were playing this morning and got into a squabble and I lost it - feeling like a pretty poor example of a mummy.

I'm day eight into this flare, and it's knocked me for six, first serious flare I've had in months. And it's co-incided with hubby's exam period, when I need to be strong. Which is probably why I'm getting worse not better. And I know that stressing about the kids makes it worse, too!

I know it'll all be fine, and I know that the good in the kids' lives outweighs the bad, but I'm just so tired, and my fuse isn't short, it's non-existent. And reading Allie's post about what it's like to be the kid of someone lupy has made me really, really sad.

Soooo, thanks for listening to my pity party for one. I really appreciate having this space to be in, it means a lot to me.

Hx
    Sow a thought and reap an act,
    Sow an act and reap a habit,
    Sow a habit and reap a character,
    Sow a character and reap a destiny.
    ***GROW Blue Book pg 32***

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

we have all been there Han and don't be too hard on yourself. We do the best that we can and our families know it. As for the thanks... that is what we are here for! Vent away!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thanks Tgal xx It means alot.

Thanks

dear han don,t worry so much we all have those days that we have short fuses you can vent as much as you like that what where here for your children will understand hugs kim l

Thanks

Thanks Kim - having a little bit of difficulty with putting it into perspective today. But feeling much better just from you guys being so lovely!!
    xx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Han;
    I am glad that you are feeling better. Please know that there is no such thing as a pity party here. We have all been where you are and we understand how a flare up, combined with stress, can throw us off kilter. You can come here, at any time, when you need to scream, cry, complain, or just blow off some steam in order to relieve your stress. That is what we are here for!!
    I hope that you continue to feel better.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi han,

don't ever feel like you owe anyone here an apology for venting, we all need the outlet on occassion.

i can't tell you how many times i have had to apologize to my kids and grandkids for my "snappiness". My daughter says that is how she can tell that i am going into a flare. So, sometimes she forsees my flares before i feel them. It is tough on all of our loved ones. They see our health deteriorate, and there is nothing that they can do for us....must be incredibly frustrating. And the little guys, thank goodness theirs is unconditional love.

i hope you are feeling better today.

remember to be kind to yourself, you deserve gentle hugs not self-imposed kicks in the backside.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Han,

Don't sweat it, we all have a short fuze at times. I go off on others who I feel have been pushing me, but whom I know probably don't deserve getting yelled at. I tell people I am sorry when it happens with no good reason, and I think they understand. I think your kids will understand too. Just let them know you are having a tough day. Kids bounce back quick. Don't beat yourself up.

Rob

Thanks

Han I am just getting ready for work now and I'll check in a little later on in the day. I'll see if I can squeeze in a bit of time to pop over to see you some time this weekend. Let me know if you can spare 30 mins, just for a big hug and a boost to get through the next few days.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Han, must be Perth On line time. Hang in there, we've all been in the same space at some time. Believe me kids are so forgiving even though they don't understand our problems we're still their MUM!
    Maybe Linda & I can join up and visit, but just say if its tooo much all at once. Will be in chat room about 7.30tonight if you want to chat.
    Hope todays better lots of love & hugs