Thread: Nice visit to the Doctor's today

Thanks

Unhappy Nice visit to the Doctor's today

I went to the doctor's this morning, he gave me my anemia tablet's and told me they're for life i mays well be just a druggie at this rate.
    I told the Doctor what happened at my Gyno appointment and that my ENA is high and he agreed with me, then i asked him to look at a swelling coming up on my right lung and that the pains like an heavy thump and crosses over to the left lung, he checked it out and told me the Lupus is causing my muscles around my lungs to swell [i thought nice one again] he then checked my blood pressure it's still low and then my weight as gone from 68KG to 63KG in 2wks and then he gave me the flu jab and after that asked me if i was still seeing my psychiatrist and what he thinks of my situation, i told him he's not to pleased because of me having the depression plus having the disease which affects the organs of the body, i told the Doctor i'm not on Anti-depressants because i've had a right cocktail in the past and nothing's helped so me smoking 15 fags a day helps me to cope with what's going on and he was ok with it.
    Then before i left he said book in for next Tuesday another fasting blood test as i've got to keep an eye on your Cholesterol, my god it never ends and i feel like this lupus is destroying me at the moment, you can't get on without some ailment or another.

Luv to you all friends Terri xxx
    Last edited by Peridot_Gem; 11-18-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Peridot-Gem;
    I am sorry that you seem to be facing one thing after another. I know that sometimes, it feels like it is an endless fall into some dark black hole with no way of stopping the descent. Depression can be a symptom of the disease and/or because of the disease. Whatever the case may be, it is something that almost every one of us goes through with Lupus. I always advocate that it is just as important that we take care of our emotional health as vigorously as we take care of our physical health. One cannot heal without the other. I am glad that you are doing both.
    Please know that you are not alone, that we understand and that we truly care. I hope, also, that you begin to feel some relief from your symptoms.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tgal (11-18-2010)

Thanks

Hi Saysusie,
    It does feel like a dark black hole at times and i try my hardest to keep going but what i've noticed alot lately is, i can't get up early or hear alarms like i used to and my hubby as to waken me now at 10am and i feel like i'm in half a coma, i finally do come around at dinner time and i'm getting more drained as the days go on mentally and physically. I do know i'm weak from the anemia and that biopsy as'nt helped one bit but wheather it's the lupus going mad i can sense me getting lower day by day and i can't keep up with doing stuff hardly it's all to much for my body and i'm very snappy at times.
    It's lovely to have your support and everyone elses and to me you've all been one smashing large family since i've joined and i could'nt have joined no where better.

All my love Terri xxx
    Last edited by Peridot_Gem; 11-18-2010 at 12:58 PM.