Thread: i'm new!

Thanks

Default i'm new!

hi everyone,
    i'm a new member...i have never been in any support group so please forgive me if i seem a little clueless!! lol!! anyway, i've been diagonosed with lupus since late february of this year...it was a month after i had my second child...i guess my lupus was triggered by the pregnancy! my condition is getting stable, according to my rheumy so that's good news! however, i still feel the aches and pains on my joints and muscles every day, especially the morning!! is that normal?? and it is normal to get colds and have it last forever? my son came back from preschool w/ a cold, gave it to his little brother and then i got it...and it's been almost 2 weeks and i'm still sick...the kids are much better now but i'm still struggling!! and then i had a fall yesterday so i am sore and achy all over today!! not a good day!! anyway, i just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and i would love to hear from you guys...you all take care!!
    May God bless you all!

Thanks

Hi Amy and everyone else,

I,too,am new here. I was diagnosed with SLE about three years ago. Since then, I have lost my left kidney to this disease. Amy, in answer to your question about catching colds from your kids and having them seem worse and last longer . . .yes, although I am old enough to be a grandmother, I met a wonderful man after my divorce from my first husband. This was before my SLE diagnosis, and he had never had children, soooo I had a little girl who is now eight years old. She brings home every cold virus in the school, (I swear)and I seem to catch everyone of them, feel like I have been hit by a Mack truck and they last much longer than before I was diagnosed. Because of my kidney involvement, I cannot take most of the meds that I was taking at first and pain and CONSTANT fatigue are with me during most days. I'm glad I decided to join here . . .you all seem so nice!
    "It is the unknown that we fear when we look upon death and darkness."~Albus Dumbledore

Thanks

Default Welcome

Welcome AmyChen and Editor03! This board is wonderful..there is so much support and the moderator Saysusie is so knowledgeable. I've been seeing my rheumatologist for the past 4 yrs and up until this summer was only diagnosed with UCTD (undifferentiated connective tissue disease). That meant I had some of the signs of lupus but not enough to say it was definitely lupus. I too have had and still have joint pain, Raynauds, butterfly rash. This spring, I started having seizures and after many, many tests found that I have lupus of the brain.

I know you will find members with a variety of symptoms. Welcome again, it's great to have both of you!
    Catlady4520

Thanks

Welcome newbies! We all have our stories we share, we all support each other here. So glad you've joined us.

I do what I can to avoid the viruses - lots of hand washing. I don't have little ones so that helps as well! It must be a terrible struggle with children - how can you avoid catching all their colds! I've recently heard that all the "antibacterial" soaps and such aren't really that good - plain old soap is probbly better.

Hugs, and I'll share a cup of hot tea with honey when you're feeling low...

Thanks

Default thank you

hi everyone,
    thanks for the wonderful welcome!!! you all seem very nice and so very supportive of one another!! that's great!! i hope i can be of some help to you guys!! one quick question, is it normal to wake up everyday feeling really achy and sore? is this what we'll have to live with for the rest of our lives for having lupus or does it eventually go away?? i'm just curious... it is not fun to wake up every morning feeling like i got run over by a truck! but hey, it could be worse, right? thanks again for the warm welcome!! you all take care and have a great weekend!
    May God bless you all!

Thanks

Like Amy, I want to thank you for the wonderful warm welcome! I have known that I have SLE for three years now, and often feel as if I'm the only person who understands what I'm going through. My family is supportave, but I imagine that it even gets "old" to them. The day that I joined, I had been in a bad lupus flare and felt so poorly, all I could do was cry.

I just might take you up on the cup of tea and honey, along with the hugs. Thanks everyone!

Paula
    "It is the unknown that we fear when we look upon death and darkness."~Albus Dumbledore