Thread: Colleen here...new to Lupus

Thanks

Default Colleen here...new to Lupus

:shock: Shock;disbelief...how can this be happening? Tested for SLE at 28, found to be "false" positive...now I realize I had Lupus all these years!!! Dx in 1990 instead with Fibromyalgia, endured unbelieving selfpontificating doctors who quickly umbrella'd me into "FIBRO". After spending 5 years in the system of SSD as a fibro/depression dx and getting denial after denial for SSD?
    Broke out in stress rash 2 YEARS and 6 doc's later and one einsy weensy ana blood test later..."YOU HAVE LUPUS". Now? After the other docs told me I have 'dry skin", "Fibro", "depression", now I have Lupus too? You want me to go see who?...a rheumatologist...like the one that I've been seeing for the past 12 years who never even suggested SLE to me...although I did to him many times? Now...I've got it? Lupus? You can't be serious.

Dr. Ma thanks for your earnestness in persuing the cause of my counfounding symptoms. You are the greatest! Thanks to God for giving you the intelligence and fortitude to persevere.

Hello fellow Lupies...got room for one more?

colleen in va
    Dx this year SLE but because of past symptoms and testing I think I've had it 15 years!Dx 1990 Fibromyalgia, depression, OA, migraines, plantar fasciitis, tarsal tunnel synd. both feet.Heart surg '97 for bicuspid aortic valve w/regurg. hi cholestrol.

Thanks

Always room for one more, dear!

Your story is like many of ours - taking years to reach a diagnosis. Lupus is a wierd condition, it hides, it wears many masks. Now that you have a name for how you feel, hopefully you'll get the treatment that will help you be more comfortable.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Colleens;
    Welcome to our family :lol:
    Believe me, most of us have gone through what you experienced! And we all understand your frustrations!
    We are happy to have you with us and we wish you the best. I know that you will find comfort and support here as well as information and hopefully some answers!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Welcome and good luck with coping - it can be difficult, especially at the time of diagnosis.
    Missy