Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Communion

Thanks

Default Holy Communion

I was wondering if anyone here has partaken in the Holy Communion and experience some sort of miracle?

While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." Matthew 26:26-28

Jesus's body never got sick, Jesus was strong and by taking the bread, I believe we will be strong like him because we are eating His body.

I heard a story of a women was in ICU and died. Her doctor said they could only put her on life support for three days. One the third day, her family came and had the Communion in the room. On the fourth day, she woke up.

I suggest all Christians to partake in the Communion in a worthy manner (that means remembering what the bread and wine symbolise instead of eating it because you are hungry or as a ritual) and I am sure you will receive some sort of blessing. It might not be immediate but I have faith you will be blessed if you partake in a worthy manner.

Do share any of your experiences with me. I'd love to hear your stories.

Mark 10:27-
    But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.

Thanks

Hello missfearless, I am a Christian who has a deep faith that anything is possible with God. I however have been to a faith healer, holy communion, was anointed with oil and begged God to take this disease from me. I still have lupus and now fibromyalgia on top of it. This was hard for me to accept as I saw others healed. My co-worker and friend basically told me if I had more faith I would be healed. I struggled with that guilt for almost a year until one day a Paster talked with me and reminded me that The Apostle Paul begged God three times to take the thorn in his side away and God said, "No my grace is sufficient, for my power is made perfect in your weakness.".That settled it for me. I no longer wear myself out over this. I just live as is and try to bring good out of the suffering.

For all who are reading this and are not Christians, I felt this needed to be said as it is a horrible thing to want to have a miracle and believe only to remain sick. I hope you will understand.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (06-29-2011), steve.b (06-26-2011)

Thanks

I am sorry to hear this, Tammy. My mom and you share the same thoughts. She doesn't want me to get my hopes up. But I will continue believing in him. I know it took a couple 7 years to have a baby, but after that, they had four children.

You only need faith as small as a mustard seed. Don't stop believing. =D

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Hello missfearless, I am a Christian who has a deep faith that anything is possible with God. I however have been to a faith healer, holy communion, was anointed with oil and begged God to take this disease from me. I still have lupus and now fibromyalgia on top of it. This was hard for me to accept as I saw others healed. My co-worker and friend basically told me if I had more faith I would be healed. I struggled with that guilt for almost a year until one day a Paster talked with me and reminded me that The Apostle Paul begged God three times to take the thorn in his side away and God said, "No my grace is sufficient, for my power is made perfect in your weakness.".That settled it for me. I no longer wear myself out over this. I just live as is and try to bring good out of the suffering.

For all who are reading this and are not Christians, I felt this needed to be said as it is a horrible thing to want to have a miracle and believe only to remain sick. I hope you will understand.

Mark 10:27-
    But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

There is never a need to explain posts about faith when they are in the faith and fellowship section! You were answering a question from someone in need. That is what we are here for. I thought it was made pretty clear in the thread where we all talked about our own faith, or lack thereof, that we are an accepting lot. If someone needs help about their pain we discuss it and if they come in to this section and need to talk about their disease and how it fits with their faith I am glad that there are people here to talk to them about it.

I actually debated discussing it last night because I do know the bible well and I really worry about the being healed thing because too often people say what your co-worker said and I didn't want her to leave without an answer. I made the right choice and you did a fabulous job. Remember, we are all here for different reasons and thanks for jumping in here when we are needed
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-26-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

After this post I am going to stay out of this one but I know that you found Christ last night and I thought this might help you understand that, if one believes that Christ is the son of God, he believes in a savior not a santa.

God Said No

I asked God to take away my pride. And God said "No".
    He said it was not for Him to take away, but for me to give up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole. And God said "No".
    He said her spirit was whole, her body was only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience. And God said "No".
    He said patience is a by-product of tribulations. It isn't granted, it is earned.

I asked God to give me happiness. And God said "No".
    He said He gives me blessings, happiness is up to me.

I asked God to spare me pain. And God said "No".
    He said suffering draws me apart from worldly cares and brings me closer to Him.

I asked God to make my spirit grow. And God said "No".
    He said I must grow on my own. But He will prune me to make me fruitful.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. And God said "No".
    He said He will give me life, that I may enjoy all things.

I ask God to help me love others, as much as he loves me.
    And God said "Ah, finally you have the idea!"

Copyright © Claudia Minden Weisz (the mother of a Rett Syndrome child)
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Dance in the Rain (06-26-2011), Gizmo (06-29-2011), lovedbyHim (06-26-2011), steve.b (06-26-2011)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

The only real request, or rule in this section is that the discussion not turn into a debate on theology, which can turn really negative really fast.

Beyond that, members are free to discuss any religion or form of faith that they want. To people's credit, in my 2 years here as a mod, I've never once had to give a warning to anyone for breaking this rule.

So, No worries Tammy, you're fine.

Rob

ETA: Even though I'm not a religious person myself, I do enjoy reading people's threads and posts in this section.
    Last edited by rob; 06-26-2011 at 09:40 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-26-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I always say the Lord moves in mysterious ways and we should not question it. As for the Eucharist I think it makes us feel closer to the Lord, It makes us feel better. However, the Lord gave us Lupus for a reason. I don't question his plan.

Each individual's faith is their own. Not to be questioned.

Hugs and good thoughts for all

Nonna

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    I always say the Lord moves in mysterious ways and we should not question it. As for the Eucharist I think it makes us feel closer to the Lord, It makes us feel better. However, the Lord gave us Lupus for a reason. I don't question his plan.
    I hope I don't sound too negative, and cause to upset people. If I do Rob, will you please delete this post because I am not going online very much lately.

I don't believe that "God gives us Lupus for a reason" We have a saying in Australia, and some of your have probably heard it...
    Sometimes *&^&%& just hits the fan !!!! If you don't know what I mean by *&^&%& it is the result of when you are constipated and you take too much laxatives. Lots of *&^&%& comes out. Sorry people, this is so unlike me to use that sort of language, but it is true, sometimes stuff happens for absolutely no reason at all.

However, having God in my life makes things even more bearable. He is there comforting me every painful step of the way. Without him, I would be in such a worse place. Even though my life is currently out of control and I have no idea what is happening to me, at times i push God away, but I know that he is there with me, waiting, still comforting me, never feeling rejected because he loves me no matter how I feel. I feel ever so close to God at the moment, yet so far away from him because I have no idea why this is happening to me. Only God knows, and I KNOW he doesn't want any of this to happen to me. But as I said before ..... sometimes *&^&%& hits the fan, and by gosh, it is being thrown all over the place making my life such an ugly mess. Yet, God stands there and takes all my *&^&%& as well.

Please accept my apologies for being so disgusting.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Rob please remove mine too if @$%&*! should hit the fan by my reply. I must agree with Linda as this road is so hard and so much @$$%* happens and I wonder on my low days, "Why me Lord?" And then I realize, He's right there with me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I tried to post an answer several days ago but I guess it didn't take. I do question a d!&@&$)))&& all the time. I just try to be positive in my faith. When I questioned why am I si sick all the time, the Lord answered me with the rheumy telling me I had Lupus. So what am I supposed to think. I don't know. I am all out of whack lately. Doing things that aren't normal.

So well, hugs and good thoughts for all

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-04-2011)