Thread: Confirmation of Anemia

Hybrid View

Thanks

Thumbs up Confirmation of Anemia

Hi Everyone,
    Well as most of my friends know, i spent the day in the Rheumatology day unit on the 19th of october more blood took and x-rays.
    I've recieved a letter this morning from sister Harper saying i have Megaloblastic Anemia again and i'm to attend the Doctor's to start on Folic acid tablet's of 5mg.

Well it's took them long enough to find out that i have it back again for sure, when i was telling them a good 6mths back. Totally disgusting how we're all treated.

Terri xxx
    Last edited by Peridot_Gem; 11-13-2010 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks

Terri,
    It sure took long enough, but at least now you have one answer. I'm not surprised that you are anemic, the way you've been losing blood.
    Hopefully, the gyno can give you some more answers - this coming week, right?
    Keep us informed.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hello Marla,
    Nice to hear off you mate and like you've just said it as took them long enough. I go to see the gyno tomorrow for 4pm and i'm taking my two letter's i have of comfirmation of what i have below and i'm just hoping they can give me some answers after examination, unless they make me wait, i find that's the most stressing point waiting all the time. Well i'm still losing the blood now and i'm just hoping the Doctor will still examine me, i think it's a lady anyway i'm seeing but i'll let you know how i get on marla.

Love Terri xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Terri-
    Well they have to do something about the bleeding now! They can't continue to let you go like this if you are already anemic. Good luck at the Gyno tomorrow, but if they don't at least schedule you for a d and c I would look for someone else. Hope you get to feeling better.
    Hugs-Heather

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xani's mom View Post
    Terri-
    Well they have to do something about the bleeding now! They can't continue to let you go like this if you are already anemic. Good luck at the Gyno tomorrow, but if they don't at least schedule you for a d and c I would look for someone else. Hope you get to feeling better.
    Hugs-Heather
    Hi Heather,
    I'm expecting to go for scans as they usually do that and like you said they can't mess about now. I've gone weak and very pale with it heather as quite a few people keep mentioning and when i go to sit in a chair as i go to bend my legs i drop in it and i went that bad last time and ended up in bed totally worn out, then i was took to emergency and they injected 2000mg into me straight away and the next day the doctor gave me the other 3000mg which took it to 13.5 in the reading.
    I'll let everyone know how i've got on and what's happened when i get back and thanks for the best wishes mate and i hope your ok also.

Love Terri xxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know how frustrating it can be to know something is wrong, and have a pretty good idea what it is, but have to wait forever for doctors to prove it for themselves. In the meantime, you are getting sicker and sicker and losing more and more blood. It's too bad that we cannot take a hammer and beat them in the head with it so that it imprints upon them these words, "Your patient knows what in the H*@@ she is talking about, start treatment immediately to relieve the symptoms!" But, alas, we can't.
    I am glad that they finally got an answer and now you can be aggressive when demanding that they do something right now. Additionally, tell them that the next time, you refuse to allow them to let you bleed to the point of unconsciousness before they do anything! I wish you the very best and let us know how your appointment goes.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Peridot_Gem (11-18-2010)