Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have flares from eating Sushi?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lightbulb Does anyone have flares from eating Sushi?

Hi everyone . . . I once again spent a lovely weekend in the hospital! I had a doc tell me while I was there that he also suffers from lupus and often flares if he eats sushi!!! I really thought he may be crazy! I absolutely ADORE sushi! I eat it ALL the time. Does anyone else have this problem? Also, he said they are finding that the drug Topamax (usually given to seizure patients and also used to manage migraines) is fairly effective in managing lupus. Has anyone else heard of this or is anyone taking this med for lupus sucessfully?
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I hate sushi so I can't help you there, but I always thought that at least the omega from the fish would be REALLY good for us? I don't know about the rest of it.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I cannot help you there either because that is something i would never eat. Bonita

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

OMGOSH!
    I absolutely LOVE Sushi and, yes, had to competely give it up. I refused to believe that I was having a flare due to the Sushi, and continued to eat it. Each time I did, I would have the same kind of reaction that I had when I was exposed to the sun..along with horrendous headaches!!
    Finally, I stopped eating Sushi (which broke my heart). We used to know every great "All You Can Eat" Sushi bars in a 50 mile radius (lol). Those days are gone, I'm sorry to say. I am also sorry to hear that you suffer flare ups also :-(

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This is sad news, I have sushi at least twice a month, never had any issues though. Anyone know why it causes flares?
    is it the fish? rice? sea weed?
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

i did not know sushi caused flare ups i knew that sometimes i felt a little unwell after eating it but i thought it was benificial for your and ignored how i felt this has changed my mind thanks say susie will stay clear now hugs kim l

Thanks

Wow, this is a new one to me! I LOVE sushi, and I've never had a problem with it. We ate sushi and shashimi until it was coming out of our ears when we visited Tokyo.
    When we go to San Francisco, we love to stop in Japantown for a sushi lunch.
    I'm glad that it doesn't bother me, or I would not be a happy camper.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Wow, this is a new one to me! I LOVE sushi, and I've never had a problem with it. We ate sushi and shashimi until it was coming out of our ears when we visited Tokyo.
    When we go to San Francisco, we love to stop in Japantown for a sushi lunch.
    I'm glad that it doesn't bother me, or I would not be a happy camper.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Oh, me two. I really don't recall every having a reaction to Sushi, but, now that I know so many others have a reaction, Im going to pay more attention to it, if only to reassure myself that I don't have to give it up.

Thanks

I also LOVE sushi, I eat it at least twice a week, I don't have problems.
    But I usually have flares after eating Chinese food. The flares as I understood are not from the food itself, but from the MSG they put in it so it has more intense taste.
    Friend of mine from New Orleans told me now in almost all the sushi places and the Chinese food restaurants over there they are asking the clients whether they want MSG in the food or not. That is not customary here, nobody is asking me that. But we can ask when we order sushi or chinese food not to put the MSG. Try sushi without MSG and tell us whether you still had the flare.
    By the way, I have awful flares from eggplant. And I love eggplant Does anyone have that?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

good question regarding the MSG! I am not sure why it causes flares. This may be a good question for saysusie.
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!