Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like a flare is coming

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Hey Tgal,
    I hope that you are feeling better tonight! So, do the disability powers-that-be want to prove that you are crazy, or what? Would being crazy be the only way that they would give you disability? Seems like a pretty odd requirement to me!
    Hugs,
    Marla
    LOL No Marla they don't have to prove that I am crazy (although that would be easy enough!LOL). The seizures have caused damage to my brain and I not only have brain fog, I have no short term memory and I have diminished motor skills on both sides of my body. Because I have no firm diagnosis they want a longer neuropsych evaluation and mental health status. I think it is a good thing because at least I am one step closer to an answer

For those that don't know the neurophsych exam is a very long test that maps out the brain and lets them know what parts are working properly and what parts are not. My first one took 6 hours and I was vindicated because there was proof that my memory has been impaired and that my motor skills have diminished.
    Last edited by tgal; 11-12-2010 at 10:34 AM.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Tgal-
    Social security disability is a straight pain, and I am fairly sure they have to deny you the first try. I am very lucky I have a great job and I draw disability from my retirement. But my retirement is trying to get s.s.d. to recoup some of my retirement, and they turned me down the first time and on appeal. Now I have a hearing and my lawyer says its a no brainer. They just want to make you do through all the appeals, I hope you have a lawyer. If not I would get one most of them work on a percentage of backpay basis and don't cost you anything up front. Social Security Disability is enough to make a person mentally crazy, they should automatically consider you insane upon your first appeal. Good Luck I hope it starts coming together for you soon.
    Hugs-Heather

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh Xani... Don't get me started about Disability from jobs. I had a fabulous job and I paid for long term and short term disability and they did everything they could to deny me. I ended up getting only 12 weeks pay out of it. It was a horrible waste of many years worth of money!

In my old position I worked with many attorneys and I am lucky enough to be having one help me. With my memory issues I am not sure I could do it alone. The other good news is that she has helped two other people and neither of them were denied. I am hoping the same happens for me. We have been working on this since June and I really need to get it moving.

I agree about it making you insane. The whole process has been insane!!! Thanks for the good thoughts
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~