Thread: Hi there

Thanks

Default Hi there

Hi there, My name is Kim. I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1990 when I was eleven years old. I think I had it way before then because I had the symptoms for a few years before I was diagnosed. I was in remission from 1995 up until 1999 and again until 2006 when I had a miscarriage...that is when I began to flare. Ever since then I have had a consistent dizziness that will not go away. It's quite annoying actually..I recently went to the doctor and my labs were normal. Is it possible to have normal labs but still feel crappy?

Thanks

Hi Kim. I am new to lupus. My diagnoses was from my symptoms as my blood results have come back negative twice. I think It helped that my sister has lupus. I Starting on plaquenil next month. Fingers crossed. I do feel crappy most days.

Hope you start to feel beter soon.

Love sue xx

Thanks

I know my bloods come back normal about 50% of the time, regardless of how I'm feeling, and I've had shocking ANAs come back when I've actually been feeling quite normal. Hope the dizzies settle down soon.

xx
    Sow a thought and reap an act,
    Sow an act and reap a habit,
    Sow a habit and reap a character,
    Sow a character and reap a destiny.
    ***GROW Blue Book pg 32***

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hello Kim and welcome to WHL! As those above me have already said the answer is yes, it is possible to have normal labs and feel crappy. That is one of the reasons so many people have a hard time getting diagnosed. The labs fluctuate and so much and can be perfect when you know you are flaring.

Once again we are glad that you found us and I look forward to getting to know you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Kim,
    Welcome to the WHL. tgal is right in what she said about the blood tests showing normal alot, as for months now they've had reading's of things being positive and within a minute of checking it's been the total opposite so it is a waiting game that gets annoying.
    Kim how you had it from an early age i was born with it and been ill for years now and i'm 42 one thing after another all connnected with what lupus gives you, well i've been diagnosed with a fare bit but still waiting more blood results and x-rays and they only confirmed last year i had it and what i've put below is the results so far, so all the best mate and your not on your own.

Luv Terri xxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Kim;
    I am just popping in to say "Welcome". You've already met some of our members and they have answered your question correctly. So I can add nothing more to what has been said. I just wanted to make sure that I welcomed you and wanted you to know that we are always here. The people here are wonderful and the information that they provide is priceless!
    Welcome to our family

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks you guys for the warm welcomes..I can tell that you all are warm hearted..makes me just wanna dish out hugs. I'm gonna be right at home here.