Hi everyone! My name is Misty, I'm 23, and I was diagnosed with Lupus in September 09. I had symptoms for several years before that (mostly swollen joints and cases of tendonitis and sensitivity to the sun & heat) but none of the doctors really pieced it together. I finally found one who actually listened to my symptoms and didn't just throw Vicodin at me for my hand & shoulder pain, and he ran the ANA tests and all that fun stuff and off to a rheumatologist I went. Anyway, I've been taking Plaquenil, Prednisone, and powerful anti-inflammatories since then and I've been doing mostly okay. There's ups, there's downs, there's "omg whyyy meeee" moments. You know what I'm talking about.

My shoulders are pretty much ruined for life since they were inflamed for so long. The doctor told me the tissues & tendons can get damaged beyond repair because of that. I can partially dislocate both of my shoulders and then make them go back in the sockets whenever I want. Pretty weird! At my worst I had to take short-term disability from work for 2 months to see if my shoulders would get better (they didn't), and also because I was super tired all the time. I slept 15-18 hours a day for the first several weeks of that time off. Now I feel somewhat normal 80% of the time and I live like a vampire haha.

My super-fun symptoms:
Malar rash, frequent UTI's, frequent cases of tendonitis in both arms, swollen/red joints, plantar fasciitis, protein in urine, bursitis, high cholesterol, shortness of breath/tightness of chest, anxiety, fatigue, random fevers.

It's meeee!

I've had a hard time dealing with all this stuff so I joined a few forums and created a page on facebook that sort of pokes fun at Lupus and the silly things I do at times. If you'd like to join that, you can search for "Blaming Lupus for Everything".

Anyway, didn't mean to write such a long post! Looking forward to chatting with you guys!