Thread: ouch

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default ouch

Went to my rhuematologist today for and injection in my heel for the spurs i have had for months and could not stand the pain anymore. My husband went with me and had to go out in the hall while i got this done. Such a wimpo. But i made it and hope this helps. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ouch is right, bone spurs hurt like no tomorrow or that super hot place. Hugs and keep the pressure off the foot whenever you can

hugs
    nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ouch is definitely right, hope you feel better soon and it works for you.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have them in too, in both feet. Owey!!!! What kind of injection did they give you? Is it helping? How soon will you have to repeat it?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

OK Bonita this thread just made me shiver! Ouch is completely correct. Hope the shots help because the idea of shots in the heel sound horrible!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The rhumetologist told me i could scream if i wanted to but it was not that bad. I told him having 3 children without meds was worse and the shot i had between my eyes when i had eye surgery was worse and i get epidural injections in my back every couple of months for pain. I thought the increase in the injection of methotrexate would help some of my joint pain but it seems worse. The shot in my heel did not do very much so when i go back to him he is going to send me for physical therapy of some kind. I have exercises to do now but no relief so far. Lately i feel so old because of the pain and stiffness. Thank you for caring and i hope you are feeling better also. Love Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I found extra cushion in my shoes helped so

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm glad to hear your opinion. My chiropractor told me the shots don't really help for too long too but she hadn't had them. She gave me an excersize that I wanted to share with you - super simple. Sit in a chair (or on the couch) and place a tennis ball under your un-shoed foot. Roll the ball from the tips of your toes to your heel. After you master that you are supposed to move down to a golf ball, but I like the tennis ball better. It works when I do it - helps ease the pain in my feet alot. And when I forget to do it for a while, I definately feel it. Doesn't cure the bone spurs but makes them and the bunions more bearable.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks he gave me excercises to do also and one is using a can of anything. I have special rubber insoles that i got from the doctor when i had these years ago but nothing is helping this time. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

good luck .... that just sounds EXCRUCIATING!!!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!