Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Halloween!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile Happy Halloween!

What is everyone doing this weekend? Are you going out? Taking the kids out? Dressing up? I'm going to a costume party tomorrow night as one of the serving girls at the Octoberfest. Sunday will be quiet since I don't get trick-or-treaters in my apartment.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Maybe I'll dress up anyway, even if I'm stuck here at home. That should lift my spirits and give my grandkids a laugh.

nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It's my dad's birthday on the 31st so we celebrate that and not halloween. I also don't dress up and am hoping we won't be getting any trick or treaters, call me lazy but I really don't like going back and forth to the door. I don't think there are too many kids in my apartment either so we will see what happens.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I was just reading Hunniebun's post and thinking. Halloween is not what it was when I was young. It's a shame that today's kids can't enjoy it the way i did. Memories

Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We were never allowed to have a halloween because it was my dad's birthday as well as my mom being a very strict christian. I've never trick or treated and only dressed up once in my life when I was 18 and went to Fright Night. She would always say it was the devil's day and a day where people did very bad things. I was sheltered big time...
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Living here in the South ( the southeastern part of the United States), I run into that a lot. As a good Christian, I really don't understand how some see it's the Devil's Day. But who am I to question others beliefs. I'm sorry you missed it, but personal beliefs are more important.
    Hugs
    nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah me either, but it was just the way it was throughout my childhood. I'm not really that interested in Halloween anyway, but it probably would have been fun and a good experience to at least get to dress up and go trick or treating when I was a child. I think personal beliefs are important to a point. I missed a lot growing up, I was severely sheltered from the world, let alone the fact that my mother is crazy, so I really wish things were different.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I am not doing anything tonight because I over did it last night. My daughter was in a production of Antigone and we were decorating for "dessert theater" all day, watched the performance last night and then went with the cast out to dinner after. I am worn out today and can tell I will be paying for this for a few days. My daughter is 15 and is heading over to a friends house to watch scary movies with friends all evening.

I am a preachers kid and, as an adult, have found much more use for science than religion although I do understand peoples need/desire for it. We usually do a big production on Halloween but between my fatigue and lack of funds it will be lights out and silence around here tonight.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Well i've not been anywhere this weekend but a late happy Halloween dear friends but i did dress my baby Bruno up a few weeks ago thinking they'd have a competition on the staffyclub i'm with, so i'll share my baby with you all. Terri xxx

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot_Gem View Post
    Well i've not been anywhere this weekend but a late happy Halloween dear friends but i did dress my baby Bruno up a few weeks ago thinking they'd have a competition on the staffyclub i'm with, so i'll share my baby with you all. Terri xxx

OMG I LOVE these pictures!! LOL Thanks for sharing
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~