Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chatbox

Thanks

It is good to see a lot of people using the chat feature of this forum. Some people chat about every day stuff, some frustrations they are currently feeling, to complain about their pain and suffering, to talk about their pets, to have a joke, and even have opposite ends of the world wars (Yankies versus Ausssies - I think the Aussies are actually winning though). I hope that the people who use the chat feature are feeling welcomed.

One thing I must state though, some of us are having light heated conversations, and people have said that they didn't want to interrupt our conversation. I must point out strongly that when I am having a chat to someone, it isn't a private conversation, and new comers are very welcome. Please do not feel as though you are intruding, I can use private messages if I want a personal conversation without interruptions.

Please feel free to use that chat feature. If you really want to discuss particular issues, let those people who are chatting know that you really want to talk about something that is bothering you. I will make sure that I will pay more attention to your needs, as I feel many other people will also put aside their own conversation to help you out. Have a wonderful Christmas, and if you feel like you need someone to lift your spirit, I will endevour to make you laugh (that is if my brain is feeling OK - and if you can understand Australian humour)
    Last edited by Linda From Australia; 12-23-2010 at 03:06 AM.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (01-02-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Perfectly said, Linda! Chat really has taken off over the last few weeks and we are so glad! While we do use it for lighthearted moments the real reason for being there is so that new, scared or upset people have someone to talk to and a place to share. Please feel free to jump in at any time. As Linda said, nothing in chat is private so if you see conversations going on in chat jump in with a "hello" or an "I need help".

Just like the other parts of the forum chat is for all of us and it is to be used as a tool to help bring some peace, joy, understanding and calm to a very chaotic disease. People are never an interruption to the chat, they are the reason for it.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (09-12-2011)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I decided to make this thread a "sticky", so it will be more visible at the top of the page. The chatbox feature has really caught on well.

To all you new members, there's no need to be shy. Feel free to join the conversation anytime!

Rob

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (09-12-2011), tgal (12-23-2010)

Thanks

Hi Mari, I long to chat when I am nauseated and wacked out. I also know that in time I could get better at this and encourage others. You have a great big heart Mari. I do prison work with broken women and work full time, but perhaps once I get used to this new forum world i could be an encourager. Bless your efforts!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Hi Mari, I long to chat when I am nauseated and wacked out. I also know that in time I could get better at this and encourage others. You have a great big heart Mari. I do prison work with broken women and work full time, but perhaps once I get used to this new forum world i could be an encourager. Bless your efforts!
    You already are loved! Linda and i were talking (via pm) about how very busy everyone has become. Busy or in flares. We really need to get the chat box going again. There for awhile it was smoking LOL. Let me get with Linda and red since they were always willing to do morning and evening. I will post here what times someone will be there for sure that way anyone that wants to join in knows what times are good.

As for the big heart...I try but here lately I have had a bigger mouth then heart. LOL Things should be better soon! Love to everyone here!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

You're a riot! Thanks for the smile.

Thanks

Gee that would be interesting, about the times people will be available to chat. Now how will everyone know what time you are referring to?? Real time (Western Australian time) or all the other times (any where else around the world).
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post
    Gee that would be interesting, about the times people will be available to chat. Now how will everyone know what time you are referring to?? Real time (Western Australian time) or all the other times (any where else around the world).
    Don't start the Aussie vs US thing in here too!!! Red and I will have to get you! lol
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I could probably do some time if this is still up for discussion and planning. Another idea is there anyway to enable the chatbox to always be at the top of the page and not just the home one? That might help it be used more so you can browse and chat? And maybe private chat, is that available or? Thanks

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YollyDolly View Post
    Another idea is there anyway to enable the chatbox to always be at the top of the page and not just the home one? That might help it be used more so you can browse and chat? And maybe private chat, is that available or? Thanks
    Hmm,

That's a good question. let me look into it and see what I can find.

Rob

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

YollyDolly (09-12-2011)