Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chatbox

Hybrid View

tgal is online now Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Thumbs up Chatbox

OK, I may be overstepping my bounds and if I am one of the mods can smack me but I really believe that the chat feature in this forum is not being used to its potential. I can't speak for everyone but I know sometimes I really just want to talk to someone that understands. Yes, the forums help but sometimes I want to have a direct conversation and we have that ability with chat. I also feel like it would help the new comers to feel a bit more welcome if there was a place they could say hello to a live person.

I know that we can't be there all the time but I would be willing to take a shift or two and I am sure some of the others would as well. We wouldn't have to keep it open all the time but if we could just let people know someone would be in chat at 10AM Central and 10PM Central (or something like that) I really believe it would be helpful to people.

I also know that we all have good days and bad so if we could two or three people to agree to cover each shift (whatever time the group agreed upon) then if one couldn't make it there would still be people there if someone had a need to talk.

Would anyone be interested in doing this? It would take several people willing to put in the time. One or two people couldn't do it all because as we all know we never know what we are going to feel like until we wake up! Soooooo... what do ya'll think? Anybody want to start manning the chat board once or twice a day to give people a place to come talk? Do ya'll think it would be helpful or is the forum enough?

"discuss amongst yourselves" (see how many of you are old enough to remember where that came from "
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Ellie Hansen (03-12-2012)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I think you have a pretty good idea actually. I can't volunteer for a shift myself, but what I can do to help is post a schedule as a "sticky" in a couple of the most frequented forums where they would be easy to see for newbies, and we could all mention when we welcome a new member that there is someone here to talk to live and in real-time and that the times are posted in these schedules. I'll run this by Saysusie to be sure it's OK to do this. Upon approval, if you, and others can come up with a schedule, I'll post it as a sticky and I'll keep it updated for you as needed.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 10-28-2010 at 06:58 AM.

Thanks

Thanks Rob!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I really could not do this either and i still do not know how to talk on it and i still have trouble navigating on face book because i do not understand it. Good luck Tgal. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm not on here enough to host...I used to be though but I am trying to get a little more active to keep lifting my depression. It still would be a good idea to have scheduled chat nights though.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This is a great idea. I will help when I can.
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Thanks

Hi Mari, I long to chat when I am nauseated and wacked out. I also know that in time I could get better at this and encourage others. You have a great big heart Mari. I do prison work with broken women and work full time, but perhaps once I get used to this new forum world i could be an encourager. Bless your efforts!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Hi Mari, I long to chat when I am nauseated and wacked out. I also know that in time I could get better at this and encourage others. You have a great big heart Mari. I do prison work with broken women and work full time, but perhaps once I get used to this new forum world i could be an encourager. Bless your efforts!
    You already are loved! Linda and i were talking (via pm) about how very busy everyone has become. Busy or in flares. We really need to get the chat box going again. There for awhile it was smoking LOL. Let me get with Linda and red since they were always willing to do morning and evening. I will post here what times someone will be there for sure that way anyone that wants to join in knows what times are good.

As for the big heart...I try but here lately I have had a bigger mouth then heart. LOL Things should be better soon! Love to everyone here!
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

You're a riot! Thanks for the smile.

Thanks

Gee that would be interesting, about the times people will be available to chat. Now how will everyone know what time you are referring to?? Real time (Western Australian time) or all the other times (any where else around the world).
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010