Thread: Breathing Problems

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Breathing Problems

I cannot seem to kick this shortness of breath problem. I spent two evenings in the ER last week and they think it may be Whooping Cough but it could also be Lupus in the lungs. Has anyone been through this? I would deeply appreciate any help or info you can offer. We determined it's not panic attacks (though the episodes scare the hec out of me!). The breathing treatments do seem to help and I have tests with a pulminary doctor week after next. Does anyone know what happens if I do have Lupus in my lungs?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi Serand,

I have the same problem and they can't find any problem with my lungs. It isn't panic attacks and they are calling it asthma (although I have never had asthma until I got sick). I have to have breathing treatments unless I am on steroids and since I have been on steroids since February I now breath ok. I can tell when I am late on a dose though.

Try not to panic (although I know that is hard). They will figure out what it is or at least get it under control. Until then, we are here for you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Could it be any of your meds causing this? I was on atenelol, and it caused wheezing and tight chested at night.
    Also brought back my childhood asthma
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Blog Entries
    Thanks

sometimes I get that, but I have Sarcoidosis and it's a complication of that. I have an inhaler for when I get those symptoms and that seems to be enough for me for now as long as I take it easy when I feel that way.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i also have asthma and since i am on steroids for a long time it is better. Bonita

Thanks

I have asthma, but when I get shortness of breath it feels different. I get short of breath, when I excert myself.
    Walking from one gate to the other at the airport, ( my husband is very tall and has long legs), I had a hard time keeping up with my hubby, because of short breath.
    Of course my doc said it's from smoking.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have chronic bronchitis, shortness of breath is almost always around. I get an inhaler when it gets really bad. But other than that I just endure.

Stay strong,
    Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks tgal! I upped my steriods for a few days to try to get it under control and the breathing treatments do help (though are very annoying!). My only problem is going outside. We're in the heart of Fall (favorite season) and the stuff in the air must really irritate the condition. However, I have grocery shopping to do and by golly, I am going to do it! Thanks for the positive thoughts! You're a blessing!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I just started taking Opana, a new pain med and last night I read that it can cause shortness of breath. Bye bye to that med! I'm going to try everything possible to get this under control. I hate this feeling! Thanks for the feedback!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I smoked for 20 years and quit 7 years ago. I hope one day you can quit but no judgment here! I quit at least 100 times before it took. Tell your husband to slow down!! Us poor bad breathers need all the help we can get!