Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather impacts?

Thanks

Default Weather impacts?

Hi
    I was wondering if the weather impacts anyone's lupus symptoms.
    Other than the sun/heat of course! ;-)
    It seems that inclement weather really seems to play a number on me.
    My hands and ankles hurt so bad I can hardly move them, I get brain fog and general malaise.
    Does the weather impact any of you in a similar manner?

Thanks for the feedback.

Adventure Racer

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It impacts me, dropping barometric pressure gives me headaches. rain makes me hurt, so does cold. Cold really effects my feet; that started when I was 7 or 8. I really remember my Dad taking me to football games and how bad my feet would hurt from the cold.

Brain fog from the weather, I don't know about that one.

Hope this helps to know you are not alone in this symptom.

Nonna

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

The weather impacts most of us. Since Lupus is a rheumatic disease with rheumatoid factors..many of us find that the cold, rain, wind, snow, etc. causes us joint pains and exacerbates our symptoms.
    Also, during the summer, the sun, heat, dryness causes us to experience skin lesions, rashes, and ulcers. It also causes debilitating fatigue for many.
    There is no perfect weather for Lupus sufferers, we just try to do as much as we can to minimize the effects of the weather upon us. :-(

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    The weather impacts most of us. Since Lupus is a rheumatic disease with rheumatoid factors..many of us find that the cold, rain, wind, snow, etc. causes us joint pains and exacerbates our symptoms.
    Also, during the summer, the sun, heat, dryness causes us to experience skin lesions, rashes, and ulcers. It also causes debilitating fatigue for many.
    There is no perfect weather for Lupus sufferers, we just try to do as much as we can to minimize the effects of the weather upon us. :-(

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie

Yeah.. What she said!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

DEFINITELY....Winter is the ultimate worst time for me.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

Here, here, winter is coming on and Im starting to fall backwards again. This summer life hasn't been too bad, been able to manage my symptoms pretty well, but, now that we are having storm after storm roll through, bringing colder temps and rainy weather, I am in more pain, feeling much more tired, fighting to keep everything together, and just wanting to curl up in bed for a week, just sleep. I guarantee, I could do it too. My appetite is mostly gone, comes and goes. Wierdly enough, my glasses hurt the bridge of my nose after just a short while. Theyre feather light lenses and frames, but, they feel like glass and metal heavy frames. Oh, why can't the change in the weather be a good thing?

Thanks

Seems like the winters are worse. I can handle the summer time better but when the storms come and then the cold weather I ache. I wonder if this is what Rheumatism is? Any changes in the weather seem to cause joint pain.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, most certainly it does for me. Besides heat of course making me miserable.. the cold and rainy days are bad b/c I just feel so lethargic and have nerve pain more these days. I know a lot of people feel lethargic on rainy days (not just lupies), but I feel achey and I have neuropathy bad! That skin crawling feeling was all over me thismorning when I woke up and I ended up taking more pain medicine than usual to combat it. Well, that only made me feel worse because it made me nauseated. It's a never ending cycle, right?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I seem to suffer the worst when it rains, especially if it is cold and rainy. I am really good at predicting when it is going to rain because I start feeling so crappy!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Thanks

Here is what I did. I would wake up and measure my pain and then go look at the weather. Without out question on those really bad days the barometric pressure was down below 30.0. It has been very consistant. Howevery the col weather casuses my muscles to contrat and spasm.