Thread: Proud aunt!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Red face Proud aunt!

Yesterday at 12:44am, my sister gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Her name is Abigail (Abby) Corcoran. She is 8 lbs, 5oz, and 20" long.

This is my first niece, and my parent's first grandchild. Everyone in my immediate family is very proud, and I might get to meet Abby and the corcoran family for Christmas (fingers crossed). I was wondering if anyone has advice for my sister? I seem to be able only to repeat myself. XD
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Thanks

Hey Auntie!
    Congratulations! My advice would be for her to breastfeed the baby for at least a year - two if possible. If she can find a La Leche League group near her, she should go for the support and friendship of other moms.
    Enjoy that little doll.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Congrats! Babies are wonderful I hope you get to spend time with her soon!

Thanks

Congratulations Auntie!

My advice to your sister would be to nurture and protect her child, yet give her the independence, common sense and confidence to make good choices as she matures.

It is special gift bestowed upon you as an Auntie. I have but one nephew, whom I love dearly. Because of his step-mother, I am unable to have the kind relationship with him that I would like to have. I encourage you to keep in close contact with your niece as she grows up. You will both be very happy that you did.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Congratulations Auntie! Enjoy your niece, they are so much fun as little ones.

Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

BABIES!!! They are so beautiful, so wonderful, congrats on being an auntie!
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

Congratulations! Being an aunt is a most wonderful blessing. I have the best relationship with all my nieces and nephews. They have a very special place in my heart. When they see me they all come running with their arms open for a hug and they are all grown! I LOVE IT.
    My only advice is to love the child, take it to church, give it a good education and continue to build up her confidence so she'll turn into a well rounded adult and youand your sister will be blessed all the days of your lives

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Congrats! Welcome to the aunt club. What a great feeling! Congrats to you, your family, your sister and her family. My younger sister also became a first time mom this year and it's been 13 years since I was made an aunt. My oldest nieces and nephew are now 19, 16 and 13 and we are very close. I'm not a parent so I can't offer your sister parenting advice but I would say from a teacher's point of view - start your niece's library now and read to her every day. Make it a familiar routine. Reading is a learned habit and children who are read to from a very young age learn to read faster and generally do better at school than those who are not.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Sandy's advice was wonderful!
    As a foreign language teacher, I would add this - if anyone in the family knows another language, read to her in that language, too. Children tend to pick up a foreign language easier later in life if they have heard the sounds of that language early in life.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh what lovely news Congratulations

love
    Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx