Thread: Weight gain on steroids

Thanks

Default Weight gain on steroids

Yes we all know Prednisolone causes rapid water weight and fat weight. Im not trying to complain because I realize what the drug does for the kidneys, however im just pointing out how amazing this little white pill we take every morning adds kilos to the body.

Im naturally a thin well sculputed person no matter what I consume. Recently i was put on 20mg orally and ive allready gained 10 kilos, which is about 20 pounds in yank terms I believe. A face like Bert Newton, a stomach like santa, and legs like an elephant. Not exactly fun for a 19 year old guy to go through but ive done it all before and its now up to when my body decides to fix the protein leak (nephrotic syndrome) for when I can cut back on steroids. But other than my leaking getting much worse, my kidney function is now normal, and my bloods are all good, which is why im a tad confused on why the nephrotic syndrome part of the illness gets worse while everything gets better? Perhaps better results in a couple of weeks, who knows?

But we all go on in our Lupus careers dont we?
    Last edited by hating_that_pred; 10-16-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks

Wink medications

3rd day on prednisolone, have been on Prednisone before but first time for this one when does the energy kick in I am some exhausted!
    Pahrens

Thanks

For me the energy never did really kick in..just a whole lot of exhaustion whilst being on that drug.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've been on it for quite a few months now and have not gained a single pound. I am a very tiny person and very skinny, I just don't gain weight at all, no matter what I do. As bad as this drug is for is it is a miracle drug like you say, it has helped me a lot and I'd rather not go off of it any time soon.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire