Thread: Started Embeda yesterday.. pain management

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Started Embeda yesterday.. pain management

I went to a pain mgmt doc yesterday and was given Embeda. It is time released morphine with naltrexone at the center. The naltrexone is only activated if crushed or manipulated in a way to abuse it. I found this very interesting! I took it and it's not like your usual morphine that you would get after surgery. I don't ever feel loopy or euphoric. I mean a little euphoria wouldn't be something to complain about (haha), but there's no mentally addicting quality. THe pain relief is moderate to strong and I'm pleased with it. He gave me some Lortab for breakthrough pain but I haven't used it yet. I haven't needed to. I slept wonderfully last night though. Night pain is awful for me. It was hard to go to sleep at first for other reasons (room too hot.. etc) but after that I slept well. Anyway, just wanted to say that it is a decent pain medicine. I was scared b/c of the word "morphine" but it's not bad. Plus my doc gave me a discount card and it was free.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So, now I'm hurting and it's starting to wear off. Poo.. thought this would last 24hrs! Should I call my doc tomorrow and tell him how it's not staying with me more than twelve hours??

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You mentioned that your doctor gave you something for the break through pain, have you taken that? Perhaps you could try this and if it does not help, then perhaps you can call your doctor about the Embeda.
    Let us know what you and your doctor decide.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I took the medicine for breakthrough pain and felt better. I think it was the change in weather that had me down. Even my horoscope said I'd be in pain. I read it after I had been in pain all day. I was thinking...hmmm this is eerily accurate today. hehe. I don't put too much merit into it, but that was kind of funny. Thanks for the response. I'm feeling much better now.