Thread: Cross your fingers for my daughter

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Cross your fingers for my daughter

As most of you know I have been fighting to get a firm diagnosis for well over a year now.I have gone through every test under the sun and the firm diagnosis is still unknown. I am an adult. This is so frustrating but I am able to find ways to deal with the situation due to my age and life experience.

My (wonderful) daughter is 15. She has great grades, is in all advanced classes, is one of the leads in her plays and I could go on and on. Her doctor is referring her to a rheumy for the second time in her life. When she was about 5 she began having pain in her knees. At first I thought they were "growing pains" but they kept getting worse. By the time she was 7 she was sent to a rheumy who said she had "looseness" in one knee and told her to wear a leg brace when being active. We did that and it helped for a little while but for the past year it has become really bad again. Now she is complaining about her lower back and her hip. She says her hip feels like it "pops out of place" and the knees kill her. She had some high powered NSAIDs but they don't cut it anymore. So now to the rheumy.

We don't know when it will be but please keep your fingers crossed that everything is OK. I can handle me being sick but I am not sure I can handle it if my daughter is. There are a lot of other symptoms that make me worry but I am not going to get into that. Just cross your fingers that everything will be OK for her
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Default Hope all goes well.

Hey so sorry to hear about your daughter. Im hoping for your and her sake that the date set with the Rheumy turns out to be a positive one with good news.

Take care as we all keep on fighting with our Lupus careers.

Thanks

good luck with your daughter i hope everything goes alright hugs kim l

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Tgal;
    I do hope that you get some real answers about your daughter. She is so young and I know how difficult it must be for you to have to watch her suffer. Please know that both you and she are in my prayers and always in my thoughts. Sending you gentle {{hugs}}.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Tgal,
    I didn't think that you looked old enough to have a teen-ager!
    I don't care how many times the docs say that this stuff isn't hereditary, I think that it is. I know that I saw the symptoms in my mother and aunt, and I know that I keep seeing those worrisome symptoms that you are talking about in my own daughters.
    I hope that all goes well for her, and that you get some answers soon.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh how sad to hear what your daughter is going through but i will keep her in my thoughts and so hope soon the doctors get their act together.
    I too are in a similiar situation as you,first being told i have Lupus to oh it must be ME/CFS.There are many thousands in the same boat unfortunately and it takes allot of fighting to actually get someone to 'hear'you. Ive just been tested again for lupus and even if its not lupus i know my body and know its something other than my other diagnosis's i have already.So just know you are not alone.
    Thinking of you both.
    lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx