Thread: doctor visit

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default doctor visit

I went to the rhumey today and he told me my liver enzymes are up and i have to get some more blood work done again on Friday. Because of all the joint pain i am having he is going to increase my prednisone and if that makes me feel better in about two weeks he has to increase the methotrexate or try cellceph. Do not like taking all of these meds but what are you to do. Bonita

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

So sorry Bonita! It must be in the air right now. Seems like everyone posting is going through a rough time. Let us know how it goes!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

hi bonita sorry to here about your medical problems i am alittle confused because my rheumi told me that mexotrexate you have to watch because it can affect your liver thats why you have to have regular checks on liver and if it is up that they take you off it not increase it . is that what your rheumi thinks is affecting your liver. hope you feel better soon hugs kim l

Blog Entries
    Thanks

He thinks i might of taken my blood work to soon after the metho so he is waiting till Friday and if is still up i do not know. He did not say if this will affect my liver or not but i trust him completely. Because of my joint pain he increased my prednison for awwhile. And if it helps i have to take more metho or switch to cell ceph. Bonita

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Bonita;
    I understand, completely, your frustration at taking so much medication. I think we all feel that way. I hope the Prednisone helps your pain ....also, I hope the MTX helps to keep your Prednisone dosage down.
    Take Care............ I am so happy to hear that you have a doctor whom you can trust. You are very fortunate.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusiue
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

yes i am glad he is a good doctor. He found out i took a survey on rating your doctors and i said he was excellent. He was blushing. Bonita