Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: migraines

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gin View Post
    Oh yeh I get horrible migraines; also the other problem with me is I have DDD in my neck which Lupus makes worse;
    Hi Gin,

Does DDD stand for Degenerative Disk Disease?

Rob

PS-Welcome to WHL!

Thanks

Default I feel your pain

Hi...I've had lupus for 7 years now and the migraines vary for me. Stress definitely trigger it as well as not eating when I'm suppose to. Overall sometimes nothing helps but waiting it out. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who suffers from the painful migraines.

I hope your migraines get better. Some days are definitely better than others.

Betty

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I have had migraines since I was a child. I use to get the so bad that I would lose sight in one eye. There were no meds for them back then so they just gave me cocktails of morphine and Demerol until it went away about a week later. Of course stress was a key factor but my trigger food was chocolate. When everything was set up for a migraine i would begin to crave chocolate like crazy. I would tear the house apart looking for some. As soon as I ate it I would be down for the count. I had them until I had my hysterectomy 14 years ago. After that I would have maybe 1 or 2 a year and only for an afternoon. About 3 years ago (when I began to get sick) I noticed them coming more often and getting more severe. Luckily mine seldom lasts more than a day now and throwing up, a dark room and silence will eventually make it go away. Looking back I now see so many things that were going on when I was a child that relate to what is happening to me now.

Ohhh the joys of being ill
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

My wife wanted to go a see a particular psychic, we were there with 5 of her friends at the second last, the psychic came out and was white and said is any body here have a friend who has a brain tumour. No one put up their hand next time she came out I thought it had all finished then she pointed at me and said come with me. I said I was only here as a taxi driver, she said no you are coming with me. We get into the room and she says its you isnt it, I said I did not believe that I had a brain tumour, she said it has to be you I have this pain in the back of my head my eyes cannot focus and I want to vomit, I laughed and said that is a Lupus head ache, I get them all the time, she says that she gets migrains but this is so much worse, then said oh its gone now it has been aknowledged, she then went on about how do you put up with them, she just wanted to kill herself in that short time she had it.
    As a post script, I found that sunlight was a problem but cold was the main instigator and this was from the aircon in the car hit the back window and coming back and hit the back of my head. I now keep a beenie with me and put it on at the first sign, normally my eyes going off and I make sure it covers from the back of my ears and neck, symptom goes in minutes. I think it is a Raynauds style problem, but my doc just laughs, but hey it works for me.
    Rat from oz

Thanks

I've had moe migraines in the past year than I've had in my lifetime.

I've kept a symptom diary and it was looking like it was related to my menses. Now I'm not so sure. The location has changed from frontal to the back of my head, where it feels like I have knots.

My Topomax was just increased to 300 mg daily. I have no energy and feel generally achy and unwell-much different than I was 1-2 months ago when it seems like I had unlimited energy.

I've missed a lot of work due to the headaches.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I can definitely relate! I have been having horrible migraine or (lupus headaches) for 14 months now. They have tried several different prophylactic meds to prevent them. Currently on Depakote and Gabapentin to prevent them. Tordol, Phenergan, and Vicodin 10 to stop them. But I have found just in the last week by my primary increasing my prednisone to 40mg that my migraines are much better. However every time they try to taper down again they get really bad. They are now talking about another mri and a possible spinal tap. So I know how you feel. You are soooo not alone. I really hope you get some relief soon.
    ((((Gentle Hugs))))
    Dx. SLE June 2009

♪ Jen ♪

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i also struggle with severe headaches....most of mine are in the back of my head (close to my neck). My rheumy and i think these are associated with the fibromyalgia (because of all of the trigger points in the back of the head). I also get piercing pains in my temples...all of horrible. My mind is not working so great this evening, but i believe i have been told that mtx can cause headaches too.
    Phyllis

share a smile today