Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello to everyone.

Thanks

Default Hello to everyone.

Hi. I,m lyn. I have had lupus for ten years and i have just been diagnosed with scle. Fortunately my rash is now clearing but i can no longer go out in the sun. I have been reading posts on this site for some time, more so just lately, there,s some really good information on here. I live in the UK and it,s a really lovely day here for October.

Thanks

Hi Lynn,

Welcome to WHL. I am glad you're here.
    There is a bunch of nice people here, hope you feel right at home.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Default Debbie

Thanks. Im sure i will. Although i have had lupus for ten years i,m still learning.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi Debbie. Welcome to WHL! I too have scle but am still trying to get diagnosed with SLE or at least figure out what is wrong with me! Glad your rashes are healing. I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Evelynn,
    Hi, Welcome to the site. You have found a great place to come find people who get what you are going through. It has been beautiful here in the US as well. It is hard to not go outside when the weather is nice. What if you slather on the sunscreen wear long sleeves, pants and wear a hat and sunglasses...People will think you are a celeberty trying to sneek about!!! Hope you can find a way to enjoy the beautiful days! Billie

Thanks

Thanks Billie. Iv,e been admiring it from a safe shady distance. I,m on a quest at the moment looking for suitable hats and clothing.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Evelynn;
    Welcome to our family. I am glad that you are looking for appropriate clothing to deal with your sun sensitivity. It is a part of Lupus that almost every single one of us has to deal with....not being able to enjoy the sun as we had before.
    I do go outdoors and try to get some sun, just because it feels so good. But I am, literally, covered from head to toe in lightweight, loose fitting clothing and I always have on a hat and sunglasses. Even then, I limit the amount of time that I am in the sun. I hope that you find a way to have a few moments without suffering afterwards.
    Again...welcome to our family and I hope that you make many friends here and learn much

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

hi evelyn welcome i live in australia and i have trouble with the sun i am always wearing hat and covering up with sunscreen and you umbrellas if i am in the sun for to long get rash feel sick and dizzy since i love fishing and swimming this has been long adjustment but what ever helps better than suffering affects hugs kim l

Thanks

Hi Saysusie and Kim. I never thought i would ever look forward to the winter. I,m sure i will ajust in time.

Thanks

Hi Lyn,
    welcome to the site mate and i quite agree with the weather it's been lovely here except for tonight starting to rain, usual UK weather.lol

I'm like yourself no sun and if i do not for long 50 block, my rashes have cleared up with steroid cream to start with and now they've got me putting on twice a week protopic 0.1% ointment i've never known ointment so greasy and for my hands twice daily and my body if needed Dermovate ointment which is a steroid, the amount i had for my face at one time was unbelieveable but i wanted it stopped as it ages your face.
    I was born with this but starting feeling the affects from a toddler and was diagnosed last year after years of illness's, NEGLECT that's what i call it but that's Doctor's for you in this day and age.
    Anyway i'll stop ranting on and i hope you find the help needed from this wonderful site and member's.

Terri x