Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't stop losing Blood-mainly refered to the ladys on the site

Thanks

Question Can't stop losing Blood-mainly refered to the ladys on the site

Well i'm hoping someone can answer this problem for me, as i'm going off my head with worry.
    I read that Lupus can make a woman lose blood in between her monthly's and at my age 42, you would'nt know if you where in the change or not. Well my GP as re-tested me again and no i'm not in the change but i've been scanned and internally checked only last year when it first started happening, water samples tested and all clear and i'm due a smear next year but for months now i've been losing a fare bit of blood each day and it's not easing at all and it's very rare i get a break from it now, as my GP wants to do an internal examination himself first again and if he can't find nothing wrong then it's the hospital again and he's waiting for the blood flow to stop to do it.
    Well at the end of the day it just keeps constantley on, is their other lady member's out there suffering the same problem and is it do to Lupus?? because until it stops for my doctor to do what he needs to my mind just keeps wondering what's happening.

Hugs Terri x
    Last edited by Peridot_Gem; 10-06-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lupus can cause abnormal vaginal bleeding, but daily bleeding is something that your doctors should look at very carefully as this is even abnormal for Lupus sufferers. I hope that you get some answers soon. I wish you the very best!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    Lupus can cause abnormal vaginal bleeding, but daily bleeding is something that your doctors should look at very carefully as this is even abnormal for Lupus sufferers. I hope that you get some answers soon. I wish you the very best!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Hi Both,

Yes i think there's more to it than the Lupus, i'm going to get back intouch with my Doctor's as it's not right and i always suffer bad pain on a monthly but there's no pain for it at all. [Thanks] for getting back to me and letting me know.

Terri x

Thanks

Terri,
    I think that you need to see a gynecologist as soon as possible. Abnormal bleeding needs to be checked out. Also - make sure that you are taking vitamins, especially iron, so that you don't become anemic.
    I had one month that it lasted over 30 days. It seemed to be my body's way of saying Happy 50th Birthday. My doc checked everything, but nothing was wrong. Now I'm 53, and I still haven't hit menopause yet. I guess that's a good thing, but I'd like to have it over with. My hubby and I have a theory. I put off a lot of cycles by being pregnant, nursing or both for over 13 years, so I must have stockpiled a lot of eggs. I'll probably keep going 'til I'm 60!
    See your doc again!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hi Marla,
    I'm booked in to see my GP tomorrow at 4-55pm for him to refer me to a Gynecologist, as it's not easing up but getting worse and my hubby is getting worried now, he said yesterday my eyes look ill and a friend by me who is 56yrs old and she's had Lupus since she was 24 saw me tonight and said my eyes look bad but she seems to think taking Asprin 75mg with 4000mg of paracetamol a day won't help the problem much just make it worse.
    Marla i've tried vitamins and iron tablets in the past and they make me constipated so i don't take them.

Well marla how your joking about still seeing your monthly's, i'd be one happy woman if it packed up tonight as it's a right nightmare for every woman walking. [Men have it so easy]lol

Luv Terri x

Thanks

Just letting you know i saw my GP today and still examined me while bleeding but that was nothing to how i'm feeling in general and he told me he can't feel nothing wrong at all but he's still refered me to see a gynecologist and i'm booked in for December the 6th and they did it from the Doc's for me but they've still told me to phone in the meantime incase a cancellation comes up, so hopefully i'm hoping i can attend sooner.

Thanks

Terri,
    December still seems like a long time to wait, but I'm glad that the GP at least checked you over. I know that you said that you can't take iron pills, but you need to be sure that you are eating a healthy diet. Try to eat a lot of iron-rich foods.
    Take care.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hi Marla,
    I know it's still a while to wait but i shall ring next monday to see if a cancellation as come through.
    You'd go mad at me marla i hardly eat and mainly just have my tea at night but i do crave chocolate bad unless it's to do with me suffering with low sugar but when my hubby cooks the dinner 4 different types of veg are on the plate so i'm getting my iron that way.

Thanks

Good for your hubby! I love to cook, and it's a good thing, too. It's best to keep my hubby far away from the kitchen when food is being prepared. He is totally inept. He is good at cleaning up after me, though!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Marla,
    I can cook mate but he just loves it in general like yourself, so when i remarried again and he wanted to do it i let him carry on.lol it saves me being a slave in that department again and he's totally 50/50 on sharing everything and with my hands bad in this weather he won't let me do any washing up, i've become the wipper.

You takecare Marla
    Luv Terri x