Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Lisa

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    Hi Lisa;
    As I mentioned before, it is possible to have negative tests and still have the disease (or some form of an auto-immune disease). A negative ANA does not preclude one from having Lupus. The SSA ( also called anti-Ro) test is an autoantibody test that can be associated with systemic lupus (SLE) or Sjogren's Disease. Having a negative SSA also does not preclude one from having Lupus.

The ANA test is ordered to help screen for autoimmune disorders and is most often used as one of many tests to help diagnose Lupus. Doctors must also take into account your symptoms and, depending on the symptoms you display, ANA may be ordered along with one or more other auto-antibody tests. These tests includes tests to determine if inflammation is present, such as: erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and/or the C-reactive Protein (CRP) test. Please remember that the ANA may must be used, in conjunction with other tests and symptoms, before a diagnosis is confirmed or rejected.
    So, if ANA (and other tests) are negative, but you still display symptoms, Doctor's are supposed to do further testing to find out what is (and is not) going on!!

I wish you the very best...do not give up, we are here to help you as much as we can.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Hey Susie,

Why don't you go to med school and become our doctor! I trust you more than them!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

dear lisa do not give up keep fighting to you get answers took me months and countless hospital visits to get my diagnosis seems to me you do need to seek second opinion of another rheumi and demand more tests it is your body not theres you are the one who knows somethings wrong we have all been through similiar situation hang in there hugs kim l

Thanks

Hello Lisa,
    How are you coping at the moment?? and have you enquired any furthur for more help, just don't give up.

Hugs Terri x