Thread: new day, more symptoms

Hybrid View

Thanks

Unhappy new day, more symptoms

hello everyone,

my name is jennifer, i'm a 30 year old female, i two wonderful children (ages 6 and 7 years), and a wonderful husband. i have been sick for so long, and i just need to talk to people that can relate.

it started when i had my two children, but the symptoms were mild, except for sinus problems, and never really together, so they could be explained away. then in march of 2008 i had nose surgery. i have had severe sinus problems since i gave birth to my kids, so i went to an ent. he said i need surgery to correct the problem, said i would be 100% better. he did a septoplasty, tubinate surgery, and had to break my nose in 4 spots to line it up correctly. it was an everyday out patient procedure. well, not for me!!! i was so sick, with the worst headache you could ever think of. i was praying that i would die, i know that sounds horrible, but thats how bad it was. i had the headache for 3 days, then it turned into a migrain, which i was then able to get up and make it to the er. the er doctor ordered a ct scan and upon looking at it, he said that he has never in his career, seen anyone with that much s%$t in their sinus cavities. he sent me home with antibiotics, which did not work, and called my ent. i called my ent prior to the er visit, and he just blew me off, acted like i was being a big baby!! when i finally got in to see the ent, he looked up my nose and sucked out some of the stuff up there. not to be gross or anything, but, i had these monster size mucus clobs. they were yellow and green and smelled soooooo bad!! i still have that problem, and not one doctor can tell me why. i also developed a sore in my nasal cavity that to this day has not healed. it seemed since that horrible surgery, i have snowballed out of control with my health!!!

in the last two years, i have had one new symptom after the other. these are some of my symtoms:

chronic headaches (i can't remember the last time i did not have one)
    nose and mouth ulcers (was treated for thrush, but its not thrush. painless)
    rash across my nose and cheeks( family doc says its the butterfly rash)
    chest pain (hurts worse when i take a deep breath)
    asthma like breathing difficulty (was not diagnosed with asthma, doc said i dont have it)
    severe sinus problems (worse in the fall, winter, spring. very painfull)
    constant mucus in face, throat, and lungs
    vision problems (blurred, double, tunnel, and i see flashing lights sometimes)
    photosensitivity (sun causes me to feel really ill, lights at walmart make my eyes wierd)
    rashes (rash/hives from being stressed out or when in the sun. itchy sometimes, pus)
    mild to severe abdominal pain (gyno said everything looked good, so did the tummy doc)
    high blood pressure
    heart murmur
    heart palpatations with a heart pound, painless
    protein in urine
    hairloss (not patches, thinning all over)
    memory loss
    moderate to severe joint and muscle pain
    extreme fatigue
    unexplained fever (100-103)
    swollen joints
    raynauds
    seizures
    sensitivity to light
    unexplained weightloss (75lbs and counting, its a good thing since i'm over weight)
    anemia
    my legs feel very week at times, they feel like rubber bands or something
    soaking night sweats
    head mri's show a lot of white matter and my vessels are small

these are some of my syptoms, but not all. i have had blood work done, and my ana test came back negative. i'm waiting for the anti-dna and compliment results. i also have an eeg to go to for the seizure problem. i am so sick all the time, its either something gets worse or something new appears. i am getting sicker and sicker, and still waiting to be diagnosed with something. my family doc thinks of have lupus, but she's hoping for a lab test to prove it so the rhuemy will take it seriously. i also have problems with my lower back, 4 herniated discs in the lumbar region with no known cause. i also get this horrible electro shock pain that starts in my low back that travels up my spinal cord to the brain. its horrible, knocks the wind out of me. not sure what that is and the docs don't seem to know either.

i'm sorry this is such a long post, but i'm lost on what to do. i keep going to the docs, for 5 years now, and haven't been diagnosed with anything. i just want to feel better and move on. i just can't keep up on things, the house, kids, pets, family, friends, and myself anymore. i just don't have it in me. the pain and fatigue is horrible. please feel free to give any advice, i need it!!!

thank you and God bless

Jenn

Thanks

My thoughts are with your Jennifer. It must have been a very difficult 5 years for you, especially when you are trying to enjoy your young family. Please let us know what the other test results are when they come in.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irishghost View Post
    hello everyone,

my name is jennifer, i'm a 30 year old female, i two wonderful children (ages 6 and 7 years), and a wonderful husband. i have been sick for so long, and i just need to talk to people that can relate.

it started when i had my two children, but the symptoms were mild, except for sinus problems, and never really together, so they could be explained away. then in march of 2008 i had nose surgery. i have had severe sinus problems since i gave birth to my kids, so i went to an ent. he said i need surgery to correct the problem, said i would be 100% better. he did a septoplasty, tubinate surgery, and had to break my nose in 4 spots to line it up correctly. it was an everyday out patient procedure. well, not for me!!! i was so sick, with the worst headache you could ever think of. i was praying that i would die, i know that sounds horrible, but thats how bad it was. i had the headache for 3 days, then it turned into a migrain, which i was then able to get up and make it to the er. the er doctor ordered a ct scan and upon looking at it, he said that he has never in his career, seen anyone with that much s%$t in their sinus cavities. he sent me home with antibiotics, which did not work, and called my ent. i called my ent prior to the er visit, and he just blew me off, acted like i was being a big baby!! when i finally got in to see the ent, he looked up my nose and sucked out some of the stuff up there. not to be gross or anything, but, i had these monster size mucus clobs. they were yellow and green and smelled soooooo bad!! i still have that problem, and not one doctor can tell me why. i also developed a sore in my nasal cavity that to this day has not healed. it seemed since that horrible surgery, i have snowballed out of control with my health!!!

in the last two years, i have had one new symptom after the other. these are some of my symtoms:

chronic headaches (i can't remember the last time i did not have one)
    nose and mouth ulcers (was treated for thrush, but its not thrush. painless)
    rash across my nose and cheeks( family doc says its the butterfly rash)
    chest pain (hurts worse when i take a deep breath)
    asthma like breathing difficulty (was not diagnosed with asthma, doc said i dont have it)
    severe sinus problems (worse in the fall, winter, spring. very painfull)
    constant mucus in face, throat, and lungs
    vision problems (blurred, double, tunnel, and i see flashing lights sometimes)
    photosensitivity (sun causes me to feel really ill, lights at walmart make my eyes wierd)
    rashes (rash/hives from being stressed out or when in the sun. itchy sometimes, pus)
    mild to severe abdominal pain (gyno said everything looked good, so did the tummy doc)
    high blood pressure
    heart murmur
    heart palpatations with a heart pound, painless
    protein in urine
    hairloss (not patches, thinning all over)
    memory loss
    moderate to severe joint and muscle pain
    extreme fatigue
    unexplained fever (100-103)
    swollen joints
    raynauds
    seizures
    sensitivity to light
    unexplained weightloss (75lbs and counting, its a good thing since i'm over weight)
    anemia
    my legs feel very week at times, they feel like rubber bands or something
    soaking night sweats
    head mri's show a lot of white matter and my vessels are small

these are some of my syptoms, but not all. i have had blood work done, and my ana test came back negative. i'm waiting for the anti-dna and compliment results. i also have an eeg to go to for the seizure problem. i am so sick all the time, its either something gets worse or something new appears. i am getting sicker and sicker, and still waiting to be diagnosed with something. my family doc thinks of have lupus, but she's hoping for a lab test to prove it so the rhuemy will take it seriously. i also have problems with my lower back, 4 herniated discs in the lumbar region with no known cause. i also get this horrible electro shock pain that starts in my low back that travels up my spinal cord to the brain. its horrible, knocks the wind out of me. not sure what that is and the docs don't seem to know either.

i'm sorry this is such a long post, but i'm lost on what to do. i keep going to the docs, for 5 years now, and haven't been diagnosed with anything. i just want to feel better and move on. i just can't keep up on things, the house, kids, pets, family, friends, and myself anymore. i just don't have it in me. the pain and fatigue is horrible. please feel free to give any advice, i need it!!!

thank you and God bless

Jenn
    Hi Jenn,
    Welcome to the site mate, i have'nt been on here that long myself but found the member's terrific with advice and refering your ailment's mate, your not on your own there.

I'm under ENT department for TMJ Disease of the Jaw plus swelling of the face with mucus and in the lungs and i'm on inhalers as i have severe bronchitis where blood is either coughed up or brought up, i've got a mouth shield which i don't used although it's splintered as i feel like i'm choking to death.
    I've had the butterfly rash and that's so sore and the amount of time it takes to leave you is terrible plus i come out in small rashes.
    I've got the abdominal pain [Doc's tested me for the change being 42 that's come back all clear even though i'm all over the show with monthly's]
    Bad eye sight like yourself [glass's now for reading and also when i'm out dark tinted]
    Hairloss [mine have been in patches, so it's short now to take the stress off my head]
    Memory loss i've had for ages, wheather it's with the raynauds or my fit's i'll never know unless it's both]
    Low blood pressure, suffering giddyness and passing out.
    Two forms of epilepsey, Grandmal epilepsey, Temporal-Lobe epilesey and Todds-paralasis plus loss of speech
    Weight loss with myself [Gland trouble that goes over active] where i drop to 58kg or lower
    I've been a megoblastic anemic, test's are being doing again to see about B12 tablets or Palet transfusion.
    I've had DVT bad and they've now got me on Asprin hoping it won't occur again.
    I had two major strokes at the age of 24yrs and was layed up for 4yrs, the Doc's thought i would'nt walk again but being pressured by my dad i got there eventually, so there is hope in some things.

I know how you feel mate as to get up of a morning is murder all cramped up and in pain, i don't have time for other's which is bad in life and i found out i was born with lupus/SLE and my affects starting happening at 5yrs of age.

So you do have one person here with similar affects and who knows what each day takes from you and the affects of wanting to do things but completley drains you out.

Loads of hugs to you mate Terri x
    Last edited by Peridot_Gem; 10-04-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Jenn;
    Welcome to our family. You have been through so much and, believe me, many of us here can completely understand as we have gone through so many similar issues. You have come to the right place to be amongst people who want to help, who want to give you support and who want to help you understand what may be going on with you.
    Please let us know when you get the results from your tests, we will do all that we can to help you understand them and to have an idea of what they mean.
    I am glad that you are here...again, Welcome.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Jenn,
    Hows your day been?? and how have been in yourself since joining the site.

We seem to have alot in common with Lups problems, it just gets you down and i know how your feeling besides other members.

Terri x

Thanks

hi jenn welcome to the site sorry to hear you are going through so much i have alot of the same symptoms took me long time to get answers i feel terrible for you hope you find them soon we are all here for you anytime look after yourself hugs kim l