Thread: How often do you... sorry if this is TMI

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default How often do you... sorry if this is TMI

Visit the toilet in the mornings? Or any other choice time of day..
    I do #2 probably (without Immodium) 4 to 6 times! I'm not kidding. I have to take 3 Immodium for it to even work. I know I take a Magnesium supplement, but dang. Even when I'm not in the bathroom it seems like I could still go in there and go. Like my intestines and colon or just colon is spasming!!
    This has been happening for a few months now. Maybe longer. I go through it EVERY day. Thank goodness I don't work. I remember working and having to CONSTANTLY get up to go though. So maybe it's been going on longer than I'd like to realize.
    Should I tell my doc and get medicine?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

you can tell the dr. three years ago i got so bad it was all liquid no matter what i drank or ate was out in 15mins. i went to gastro dr. he is the one that found out i had lupus. there was nothing wrong he went up down at least three times fianlly decided it was lupus and was making my intestines inflamed where the food would just come out like ibs. it fianlly stopped after six months. it made me loose a lot of weight which i needed to. but than it slowed down after six months. now i take pain meds three times a day an i am still going four to six times a day depending what i eat. sometiems looser than others everyday its different. i would wait until it affects your weight befor going to a dr. unless you have other symtoms like blood stool, i would wait it out. immodium when i have to take it was up to four pills in morning than it would stop until the next day. the dr's might have something stronger in rx form for you.
    Keep Smiling

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

OMG! I am so glad someone asked that! I have that same problem! Mine has been liquid for 3 years (yes, TMI I know) and no one seems concerned. I go at least 5 times a day and I can no longer eat in a car because I will have to RUN to the restroom within 10 min of eating. I thought this was just a nervous stomach thing since the doctors have not been concerned.

Thanks for starting this thread!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So glad to know I'm not alone! lol The only thing my doctors ever told me was to increase the fiber in my diet! The only time I'm anywhere near "normal" is right before my cycle. I've always had a "wierd" stomach, but since getting sick it has only gotten worse. Now it seems that my youngest is following in my foots steps w/his stomach.
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah, you will learn that nothing grosses me out and I am not ashamed to ask the gross stuff. Here's how I see it. Compared to ALLLLL of our painful, annoying, and uncomfortable symptoms, sometimes this symptom goes on the list of "things I can live with for now" and we let it get worse and worse. I'm most definitely going to ask when I go back on the 30th. Now, it's getting to the point where I spend most of my morning reading a magazine and sitting on the throne. I'm sorry, but that's not normal and it's no way for me to keep living. My weight is going down. Though I like it.. I know I shouldn't be going to the bathroom this much. I'm glad yall understand! I'm just scared asking him about my BM's is going to get me a colonoscopy. I DO NOT want to do that. I don't even care about the ACTUAL colonoscopy, I just couldn't drink that stuff and sit on the toilet all night long. Well... now that I type it out it has me thinking.. How long would I actually have to sit there if everything I eat comes out within a few minutes of consumption?? Hmm.. I thought that the stool sample I had to do at Mayo was humiliating. More the fact that you had to put the container in a brown bag and then after you go you had to get back to the main building and put it in a BROWN cart within 30mins. So, envision this, all day I would see people with these bags (if you haven't been to Mayo Clinic in MN .. the buildings are connected in a subway/underground area with like a food court and other shops in between) rushing to the poop building. If you saw the bag, you knew what was in it or going to be in it. The worst part.... seeing the bags in the FOOD COURT! I know they were probably still empty but *GAG*!! Hopefully if I tell my Rheumy about my issue he won't ask me for a sample. haha.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh blue! Okay, first of all, you don't have to drink all that crap anymore! They have other things you can take, ask about it. I have had 2 colonoscopys done. The first one I was in my early 20's. I tried to drink that crap - couldn't get it down. That was back when you had to drink it - guess what? I wish I could have drank it! I got there the next morning and the alternative was WAY worse - water enemas - NOTHING is worse than that, especially at that age!
    2nd one I took a few pills and mixed something in with something else to drink (wasn't too horrible, not too great, but not as bad as the other stuff). I survived. It wasn't great, but it wasn't too horrible either. If you have to have one done, ask about the alternative preps. ((HUGS))
    Lauren