Thread: Newby from Michigan

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Newby from Michigan

I was recently diagnosed around two months ago. I am 41, married and the mother of 2. Leading up to my diagnosis I was in terrible pain and agony. I was walking with a cane and only able to make it to work and home. It was bad for me because I recently began a new job and still on probation. If I called off, no pay and my finances suffered.

I just want to learn as much as possible from others and information in order to lead as normal of a life as I can. I am learning that each day is different. I must say that my husband, children and family rallied around me with great support.

Thanks for having me.[/b]
    Mrs. Kimberly Turner

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Purplegirl:
    We are so glad that you have joined us. Yes, we are here to give you as much information, support, comfort and understanding as we can.
    You are very lucky to have family that supports and rallies around you. You will find that this is one the most important aspects of your being able to deal with the ups and downs of Lupus!
    Please do what you can to not let the stress of your job exacerbate your symptoms. Believe me, I know that this is easier said than done. But, reducing your stress is extremely important as stress has been known to be one of the primary causes of flares and worsening of symptoms. I know how stressful being on probation for a new job can be for someone who is healthy, so I am sure that it is causes you some added stress with having to deal with this illness. I truly understand, but I hope that you are able to find ways to reduce your stress level.
    You will find everyone here is compassionate, understanding and informative. We are glad you are here with us!
    I wish you the best!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Welcome aboard. You will find lots of information AND support here, it's a great group and they know what you are going through (I think that is the most important, that someone else knows how it feels). It's great that your family has rallied around you, that's important as well.
    Come, read, and post often. We're glad to have you with us (although the circumstances stink cause it means you do feel what we are feeling and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. :? )

Thanks

Hi,

I trust today is a good day for you. Just wanted to say about you using a cane. A year ago, I finally gave in and bought a cane but to help my ego (smile) I bought a right-handed cane with a marble handle. Since I had to walk with one, I figured it might as well be stylish and that helped me in the beginning, but now I don't really care because I needed the extra support and now people complement me on it. They don't think I have it because I need it, they think it's an accessory. Sometimes there are little things (extras) you can throw in to make this road you're going down and little easier to walk.

As far as pain goes, I have just learned not to give in to it. Having people who love and support you that don't identify you by the condition but by the essence of who you are make it so much easier every day.

Well, I hope something I said will help you. I don't believe in luck so I'll
    say HAVE A BLESSED DAY, EVENING or NIGHT.
    Blessed in VA

Thanks

Hi Purplegirl.

Welcome to this wonderful site. I am also new here and finding this site has made a huge difference in my life. I no longer feel alone and I no longer feel nuts.

God bless - Cassady

Thanks

Welcome! Yes this is a wonderful site!

I like how lacrisha used the cane to her advantage - with me, that's been hats. (hence the moniker) I'm pretty sun sensitive. And I've become addicted to wide brimmed hats. 8)

Being on probation at work is stressful, try to stay in focus and remember that you are the best at what you do. That a deep breath will help that tight feeling and help clear your brain as well!

Many hugs, dear. May the fact that it is Friday be a wonderful relief, and may next week be even easier! I've always felt (when I take a new job) that the first week is pure...hell. You know no one. YOu don't know what to do for lunch. After that, things start falling in place. Week 2 is a bit easier. And so on. May you enter the coming week with new hope, less stress, and a positive attitude.

Thanks

Default Thank You

Thank you all very much for the words of encouragement and comfort. It has been a different experience with each day, however, with support from family and friends (online as well), things do not seem so bleak. Thank you ALL once again.
    Mrs. Kimberly Turner