Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Severe Dizziness

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This happens to me at least twice a day out of the blue. I borrowed one of my mom's canes so that I can keep it nearby for the episodes at home. I've literally stood up and gone right back down. The worst time was at the mall. I was worried I'd end up in the security office with them thinking I was a drunk! I'd say it was related to my meds but the meds are the same and this all started after I was diagnosed with Lupus. I also have breathing problems so I'm sure they contribute. There's just a bunch of stuff with this disease is a real pain in the behind!

Thanks

I was dx'd with Meniere's long before the AI issues showed up. Now the rheumy is calling it Autoimmune Inner Ear Disorder. Look it up, Serand - you will probably recognize it as much as I did.
    P.S. I'm a St. Louis girl! I was born and raised across the river in Hartford, Ill. and graduated from St. Louis University a long, long time ago. I used to teach in Hazelwood, at St. Louis Prep Seminary North.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Wow!, marla, we used to be neighbors! I more-or-less grew up in St. Louis county, and spent my early childhood in , O'Fallon, Illinois. I also went to St. Louie U for a couple of classes in like 1979-80 (most of my classes were at Flo Valley), and one of my brothers went to St. Louie U High... Shame we can't cheer for the Cardinals in the playoffs this year...

Thanks

Jmail,
    That's very cool! I graduated from SLU in '78. My hubby got an extra degree, so he graduated in '79. I did some student teaching at SLU High and some at St. Bishop DuBourg High. Wonderful memories!
    I've always loved it when the Cards went to the playoffs.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I also suffer with dizziness some days worse than others.Have you found out yet what it is? Have the doctors arranged other tests for you....have you told the doctor how bad it is now? I hope so.I'll check in later.

love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Amanda! Sorry it took me a couple of days, been crazy busy here! The dizziness has subsided, it's still there occasionally but very short lived. It's really wierd, but since I had my gallbladder out - I feel fantastic! Aside from the surgery recovery of course! lol My brain even feels clearer than it has in a long time! It's so wild. I hope you get some relief soon.

(((hugs)))
    Lauren

Thanks

I get dizzy quite often as well. If it bothers me and makes me feel sick than I take some gravol. Sometimes gravol and xanax but usually just the gravol. It helps alot.
    I just assumed it was from the lupus but who knows. I also dizzy pretty much everytime I stand up to. I've had that since I was a teenager. I had blood tests and i'm not anemic so I guess its just the lupus.

asherah

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi asherah and welcome to WHL! I get light headed as well and, like you, just toss it up to another weird autoimmune thing!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I know what you are going through. A few months ago, I woke up from a good nights sleep, because I was so dizzy, that I almost fell out of the bed. ( I am not kidding).
    I tried to get up, but couldn't walk, I was falling from one wall to the next. I woke up my husband, who had to walk me to the living room. I sat in my chair and if I didn't move, it was ok but when I moved my head to the side, I fell off the chair, literally. After that he had to walk me to the bathroom, I fell off the toilett.
    We waited until the doctors office opened and went to see the doc. He checked everything and said there is nothing wrong with my ears or sinuses. He dicided that it was an inflammation on the nerve to and from the ear, inside the head and brain.
    It cleared up within a few days, but I still get once in a while, at least now I know to sit still, so I won't fall over.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).