Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severe Dizziness

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Severe Dizziness

I'm used to being somewhat dizzy, but I feel like I just got off of one those amusement rides and my head won't stop. Any suggestions? I'm really starting to feel ill. Thx.
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

See the doctor you could have a serious inner ear infection or sinus infection.

Thanks

There is medication for vertigo..ask your doc
    Andrea

Thanks

Constant dizziness, of varying intensity, with bouts of vertigo that may be influenced by your head position or movement?... Full-feeling ears, sinus drip, etc? You might have some of those inner ear crystals loose and in the wrong area of your ear. An ENT specializing in inner ear balance stuff really comes in handy with that. They can do some "maneuvers" with you and get the stones back where they belong (btw, they weren't kidding when they said I had rocks loose in my head). It might also be a bout of Meniere's, also known as "the dropping sickness", 'cause when it hits, down you go, and you can't tell which way is up... Again, that same ENT is the one to see. Then there's always the allergies & colds & infections, as mentioned by Nonna. Either way, see the doc. It's kinda difficult getting thru life when all you do is run into things 'cause you can't get your balance... seriously, been there, done that... lol - not only that, but did you know that your brain can be trained to accept what you think as of "dizzy" as a new "normal"?...
    Last edited by jmail; 09-16-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It's called "Vestibular Training". Before they figured out what was wrong w/my daughter, they had her going to therapy for that. Idiots! Sorry, I kept telling them it wasn't that, but what do I know! lol obviously more than them, since I was right! Okay, anyway, no my sinus are not acting up. Seen ENT, everything is okay there - just another lovely aspect of this confounded disease. Usually the dizzies are not that bad, last night was unfortunately.
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey girl. U aren't on any biologic meds are you? Remicade or Enbrel?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hey! nope not on anything!
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Are you dizzy all the time or at certain times of the day? Is there a pattern to what you are doing and when you are dizzy? Did the ENT check you for Vertigo? It feels like what you described to me and the meds work very quickly to get you off the merry-go-round in your brain. Your regular doctor can check you for that too. You said he checked your sinuses, did he do a sonogram and check your upper sinuses? When my upper sinuses get infected I get dizzy but when the lower ones (the ones by your nose) get infected I just feel stuffy and runny nosed.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I've had chronic vertigo (or labyrinthitis - google it) since summer '05, and only got the diagnosis of lupus in the spring of '09. In all the time before that, all the doctors suspected it was just in my head (and some of them still do!), but it (in my opinion) is the result of inflammation of the inner ear. I've never had any luck with doctors - vertigo is such a non-specific problem that it is hard to nail down a cause, and there usually isn't much they can do about it, anyway. Meclizine is the standard over-the-counter solution for vertigo, and I really should buy stock in the company that makes it, since I take so much. Lately, however, I've also discovered that benadryl and even a good decongestant can be helpful, as well. An anti-anxiety med like Xanax can be helpful, too, since panic attacks and labyrinthitis are inter-related. Also, be sure to drink plenty of water - minor dehydration can contribute to dizziness, too.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lauren, I have vertigo today .... definitely not fun.