Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Towers of light

Thanks

Default Towers of light

So last night while driving home, high up in the sky...I could see the two beams of light that were shinning from where the Twin Towers once stood...a beautiful pale blue. Really beautiful. Another September 11th has past....never forget those who gave their lives, and all the wonderful men and women who protect our freedom everyday.
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ahh i know,so very sad.I saw the blue lights on telly looks so lovely but my thoughts go out to all who died that awful day.Everyone remembers where they were that day! Hope you doing ok Andrea.
    love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The shock and sadness of that day must always be remembered. Andrea I hope you are doing well.

Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I still can't get over the shock of not seeing the towers in the skyline when I go past my old neighborhood. You could see them clearly everyday from the football field of the high school and some other areas of town. Surreal that my mind (or my eyes at least) hasn't accepted the reality of them not being there yet. I was in that neighborhood last night but it was raining and we couldn't see the lights.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Although I lost no one, nor did I know anyone who had lost someone, the entire day was still on filled with a kind of sadness for me. Saturday was a very quiet, contemplative day and my thoughts were filled with the families of those who were lost.
    I wish that I had seen the two towers of light. But, I bet that I could find a picture of it on the web somewhere.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    Although I lost no one, nor did I know anyone who had lost someone, the entire day was still on filled with a kind of sadness for me. Saturday was a very quiet, contemplative day and my thoughts were filled with the families of those who were lost.
    I wish that I had seen the two towers of light. But, I bet that I could find a picture of it on the web somewhere.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/scotthudson/4969337097/

As seen from the Jersey side.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks

http://www.ikiw.org/2010/09/12/photo...in-light-2010/

another from a different part of Manhatten

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My hometown lost 25 people. I don't know if I knew any of them; I was afraid to ask. I just keep praying for all who were lost.

nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My son is the fire chief of our local company for the last ten years and my son-in-law is a fireman in the same company and my grandson just got put on as a driver of our new engine and the tower. The tower we bought a few years ago from New York and when this happened it affected all fireman and policeman because it is a brotherhood. When they got to New York for anything they always stop in at the fire stations. God Bless all who gave their lives that day and all who continue to serve, many as volenters. My deepest sympathies for all the famlies who lost loved ones. It was a dark day in our country but it just made us a stronger nation. God Bless America Bonita