Thread: Father Has Some Form of Cancer

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Father Has Some Form of Cancer

I found out a couple of weeks ago that my Dad has some form of cancer. They think it is in the bone marrow, but are not completely sure yet. That would explain the drastic lost of weight, going from 240to 153 lbs. The weight loss was not overnight, but was not exactly gradual either.

Thanks

My daughter and son-in-law are stationed at an AFB very close to where his grandparents live. Recently, "Grandpa" has been losing weight and not participating in anything. He refused to go to the doc. He finally got bad enough that he went to his doc and is now in the hospital. The docs are also suspecting some sort of cancer, but they are still in the phase of running all kinds of tests.
    The family is having a tough time, and my youngest daughter is finding out very quickly what it is like to be the in-law who is trying to help out and be supportive in a tough situation.
    My heart is with both you and Meg as you both go through this (and BonusMom, too).
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Ignorance is not bliss and these guys can be so stubborn when it comes to going to the doctor. They just don't want to face the truth--that there's something wrong. They wait too long and then there's nothing the doctors can do except keep them comfortable.

My thoughts and prayers are with those who have loved ones facing a terminal illness. It's the pits.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

(((HUGS))) DOW. You really have gone through the wringer this last year and I am sorry to hear that things with Dad are worst. I hope and pray they find out quickly what kind it is and the best way to treat him.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sending you {{{hugs}} and my prayers are with you, your Father and your family.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dad was very good about going to the Drs., but they couldn't figure out for the longest time what was wrong with him. All along Dad thought it was digitex poisoning. Digitex pills for the heart that were made double the strength they should have been. But I think he had both digitex poisoning and some form of cancer at the same time. Only the court and the Drs. will be able to sort this one out, I am afraid.

Thanks

I'm sorry about father's health problems. Sad too to know that you are going thru all the aggravation about not knowing what is causing it. I will remember you and your Dad in prayer.