Thread: Remember those horror movies with a stretching machine....

Thanks

Red face Remember those horror movies with a stretching machine....

Went home to be with family for labor day. We have a family reunion on Sunday every year. All was going great until time for desert. I had a piece of orange cake... I'd never tried before and it looked so good. I guess I was drooling over the cake hooked my left foot in a big root from the shade trees and splat, face down I went. In my mind it was Slow motion. I just said "oh God!" I knew I had killed myself. Luckily my face did not go in the cake. Thankfully I did not break anything but I have stretched every muscle in my body or that is what it feels like and have bruises all over. My sister called this morning to check on how I was feeling and I told her I felt like I had been in those horror stretching machines until I almost pulled apart. Sore as if I had run a hundred mile dash but doing Ok. I imagine there were 70 or so people there so I had a good audience. Proverbs 16:18 warns that "Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." Guess that brought me down to earth!!!

. Lupus hasn't killed me but a big ol tree root just might! Hope you had a good laugh.. Yes I did finally get another piece of cake and it was so good.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Are you sure that big old tree root didn't come alive and grab your foot so it could eat you. Gotta watch those roots. They like to consume people's feet. Don't forget to watch out for the giant ants & spiders. What else can't I remember about those old horror movies ..... Oh yeah the crawling eyes.....

Tee Heee LOL

Nonna

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (09-10-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I did the same thing at our national night out at the playground. Mine was and electrical cord underneath the table where we were signing up for door prizes. I turned and got my foot caught and splat on my face knees elbows and hands blood everywhere but i just got up from embaressement and walked over to my son and he said what the h----- happened to you. I know that i threw my back out and was stiff all over tne next week. I am more of a klutz than ever before. Bonita

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonita For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (09-10-2010)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

After all that...did you at least get a piece of the cake???

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yowch! I hope you feel better soon and that nothing like that happens to ya again. Tree's are so mean lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunniebun For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (09-10-2010)

Thanks

Hillbillie,
    You gave me a good laugh with this one. I've done the same sort of think so many times! Luckily, I'm fairly good at falling onto my well-padded back end!
    I hope that you are feeling much better by today.
    Hugs,
    Marla

10. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (09-10-2010)

Thanks

If I had a chainsaw I'd be too sore to use it but I did think about it becoming a good chunk of firewood this winter! I usually have a good fall a year so hopefully that fullfilled my Quota for this year!

Thanks

I'm feeling really good considering.. I'm still bruised but that is a small price to pay for having no bones broken. I told them my padding helped. My front bumpers helped cushin my fall! Ha! Ha!