Thread: new to founding out that i have lups but have been dealing with it for so long

Thanks

Default new to founding out that i have lups but have been dealing with it for so long

Hi every one its cool to see you guys on here I can't find another guy to talk to and relate to. I've been going through alot with lups man its tuff!

Thanks

Welcome to WHL. You've found the right place to find others that will understand. There are quite a few gentlemen here, and I'm sure that you will be hearing from some of them soon, especially Rob.
    Meanwhile, read the threads that interest you, check out the stickys for information and learn as much as you can.
    You are very welcome to join our online "family".
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Thank you very much cause im not usally the kind of person who rights on this stuff but this has been really hard to deal with. So thank you for your support!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Eastman; Welcome to our family. I am happy that you found us. We have several male members here, of which one is our moderator, Rob. We also have a men's forum where you guys can chat and share experiences, advice and support.
    Being newly diagnosed can be a bit scary and we are here to help you overcome that fear. One of the important things that we want to help you do is to educate yourself as much as possible about Lupus, its treatments, its medications, and how it affects your personally. Lupus affects everyone differently, so mo two persons will have the exact same symptoms.
    Please, take some time to browse around our site, get to know our members, jump into any conversation that you want and make yourself at home

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hey there, Eastman! Welcome from a fellow fellow... Being male and getting a diagnosis was the worst part for me. I'd have one doc say "it's RA", and then another "fibromyalgia", and I've even gotten a "I don't know what you have, but it's not RA" and a "you have all the symptoms, but you're a man, so you can't have lupus". Very frustrating, especially as I lose my endocrine system a bit at a time...Big thing for me is taking care of myself. I mean, none of this "tough guy" stuff anymore. I try to take my meds when I'm supposed to, eat well and when I should, get as much rest as possible, especially for those times that the "I can't get to sleep!" hits, like now... lolol - and some exercise, even when I don't feel like it too much. Lupus can do some wierd things to ya, as you've discovered, but like Rob on here has said: "know thy enemy", and this is a great place to learn about that. Be sure and ask questions about any concerns you have. We're praying for you.

Thanks

Eastman,
    I'm not a guy but thought I'd just say Welcome. We are all here to support one another. I'm sure you men have things you need to discuss in other places but you have a whole family here too. Sorry for your diagnosis but we are glad you found us here. Rob has really helped a lot of people here including me. He inspires me to go on and be the best that I can be
    The information, help and understanding you can find here is so important to being able to fight this disease to the best of our ability. Read the stickys... the other posts contain a lot of information, lots of problems you are facing or will be. This is a great place to come to. You can be yourself here. Welcome ....Billie