Thread: Has anyone ever used Binder & Binder to get SSD?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Has anyone ever used Binder & Binder to get SSD?

I saw on TV that they start working free and then they take a percentage. It's something I'm considering. Does anyone have any experience with this company?
    My family told me that I'm absolutely forbidden to get another job. I hate not working and being around people every day though. So.. Of course I always think afer a period of short term disability that I'm ready to work again. Then I just get sick all over again and it's a never ending cycle. I've accepted that I need to at least try to get SSD.
    It's just not easy being so young and having to just stop. I'm sure there are many here who feel the same exact way!

Thanks

I see their commercials here too.
    Go ahead and try them, it won't cost you anything. If they don't think that they can win, they will not take your case.
    I am considering the same thing, I can't work like this anymore. Last year, I had carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel surgery and was on sick leave for three months. The pain at home was alot less, than the pain I suffer when I am at work. And the fatigue is easier to manage at home too, you can sit or lay down when you need to and not push yourself, like you have to at work.
    I say, go for it.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Debbie, I agree. I have tried to work so many times and I just absolutely get worse and worse the more I push myself. The stress is the worst trigger I have. The sad part is that there are so many people in this country that would be fine not working, but I want to have a career so badly! Staying at home I get so bored and depressed. I have to try though since living expenses aren't always cheap. I lose every job I have though because of absences. I am going to see what Binder says. I will keep you posted for sure.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

You might want to do a search for "Binder & Binder" because there are a ton of unhappy people with them. Federal law mandates how much can be charged for SS Disability so it is not just Binder & Binder. The law says they cannot charge anything up front and they get 25% of whatever you get up to a max of $6,000.00. In my opinion you might be better finding an attorney in your area that handles SS Disability. To them you would be a person while to B and B you would simply be a case number.

Just my 2 cents worth
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Most of the "lawyers" advertising on TV aren't really lawyers per se, but rather a "forwarding house", that refers you (for a fee, of course) to a *real* lawyer that specializes in a particular field. The phone book and other people's "testimony" (internet too, but be careful about "faceless people" testifying... tic) are about the best way to go. Don't forget about calling the local bar association for help in finding a lawyer specializing in SS stuff...
    Last edited by jmail; 09-06-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: brain fog... where was I?...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That is good to know Tgal! I will have to look someone up here locally so I can work with them. 25% is a lot. Jmail, I agree with you. When I talked to the first gal on the phone she said.. Someone will be contacting you by phone and mail in 7-10 days. I'm quite sure it won't be a lawyer. Prob a paralegal or someone with less experience than that. The girl who called me (and determined if I would even be a case they could take) asked me about the doctors I'm treating under and the frequency at which I see them. When I listed my main doctor, and told her I only speak with him over the phone and that he was about 14hrs away at Mayo Clinic.. she asked why I didn't go to a clinic near where I live. She had no clue what Mayo was. Not everyone does, but it seems as though since she takes SSDI info over the phone, she would at least be vaguely familiar with it. I had to explain to her that people don't go there just because they live close to it. 99 percent of patients live nowhere near Mayo! Oh well, that kind of gave me a heads up as to what I would be dealing with. Live and Learn, I will see what they send me or if they call, but I'm definitely going to find someone local to help me with this process. ((hugs)) Thanks yall!
    Last edited by Islablue; 09-07-2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Massive run-on sentences.. brain fog!

Thanks

not personally but my best friend used them and was very satisfied..I live in oklahoma and went down to ss
    office my self and got it done faster then he did and got too keep all my back pay,but yes i hear tehy are good.
    good luck,

Troy

Thanks

I asked my rheumy who she would reccomend. That way u wil also have your doc and aty with a god working relationship on your cse. She sends all her disability cases to him and knows what format he requires for the doccumentation.

Hope this helps..Bill
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Thanks

I asked my rheumy who she would reccomend. That way u wil also have your doc and aty with a god working relationship on your cse. She sends all her disability cases to him and knows what format he requires for the doccumentation.

Hope this helps..Bill
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

That is a great idea! If you have a rheumy that is helpful and will answer you that is the best way to go. Thanks for the info!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~