Thread: LUPUS AWARENESS MONTH

Thanks

Default LUPUS AWARENESS MONTH

HELLO EVEYONE
    I FOUND OUT TODAY THAT WE HAVE LUPUS AWARENESS MONTH IN OCTOBER. I THOUGHT I'D PASS THAT INFORMATION ON. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT REALLY IS INTENDED TO DO BUT MAYBE WE COULD CONTACT THE MEDIA OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN OUR AREA AND LET THEM KNOW AND THEY COULD OR SHOULD SHARE STORIES WITH THE PUBLIC ABOUT IT.
    CARO
    through faith comes victory

Thanks

http://lupus.org/awareness/2006campaign.html

Here's a link to Lupus.Org's site about the awareness month.

Yes, it is important that people learn and understand more about lupus and other conditions that are little known but affect so many of us.

Thanks for your post!

Thanks

In the rain today, we had our 1st. Walk For Lupus in the neighbourhood. There are only 9 members in our chapter, and we had over 100 people out walking our 1km, 2km, or 4km walk. My family and I walked the 2km route, due to the weather. I was fortunate enough with family and friends sponsoring my walk to the tune of $1300,(in Canadian). Our chapter raised approximately $4000. It is split between Lupus Canada and [i]BC Lupus Society[/i].
    I hope that others can share with their 'Walk a Block for Lupus' stories.

Everything good is possible :angel:

Thanks

On October 8th, friends & I walked in our annual Seattle Mad Hatter Walk and Roll for Lupus. We made crazy hats with lot of purple and butterflies on them for the theme. Over $20,000 was raised through our Pacific NW chapter of the Lupus Foundation. There are also purple awareness bracelets available and car magnets that say "Lupus - find a cure" on a purple ribbon.
    Missy