Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeing the Advocate tomorrow

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Seeing the Advocate tomorrow

Well here we go,

Tomorrow I meet up with the legal advocate at 9a.m. to help me get started on my road to applying for disability. This is a person who is helping me fill out this complicated for free from my cities Community Services. Why do I keep feeling like this is all going to be hard work for a lost cause? I guess that's what stops most people from actually applying in the first place.
    I am so worried and so highly stressed right now mainly because of having NO money all the time. I am on welfare right now and you need to be on welfare in order to apply for disability, because the type of disability I am working towards comes from my provinces government, and not the government of Canada, as I was told even if I applied for federal disability, I would be turned down because I have not worked enough years and made enough money to be eligible, whereas for provincial, you only need to work a maximum of 2 years.
    It's so hard being on welfare and even STAYING on it for that matter, they're so rude to you and really push you to get off, even when you need it the most. I have to keep relying on other people to pay bills for me because otherwise I cannot survive, I'd literally lose everything and go bankrupt off the pathetic $527 a month that I am given. I am going to try this route first and if it doesn't work I can appeal, but if that doesn't work again then I will have no choice and be forced to work. It's just wonderful isn't it? Fine if that happens, then at least there's got to be SOMETHING that can pay for like, training or, even monthly assistance to help me LIVE, or how about finding a job that is suitable for my health and something that I can handle and maybe PLACE me there? I'm going to ask as many questions as possible tomorrow...Because I am going out of my mind with fear.

I hope this work's, or else I don't know what else to do.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I see that Welfare is the same in your country as it is in ours. The amount that they give you is meant to keep you destitute and certainly does not help you to get ahead by any means. If you make a dime, they take a dime away..so you always remain in poverty.
    I do hope that you are able to get approved for disability and, if not, that they will approve some type of retraining for a job that accommodates your disabilities with Lupus of placement in a job that you can handle with your illness.
    I wish you the best of luck

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Saysusie,
    It went very well, she thinks I will be approved. So now, I need to make a double appointment with my doctor and spend time with him filling out his portion, and then I go and see her again so she can review it before it gets mailed to make sure its all exactly the way it needs to be. I was very surprised to hear that her opinion is I should be approved, I guess that means she's done this thousands and thousands of time before with success. Also, if I have any more problems with welfare, she will take over and deal with them for me from now on.

Fingers crossed

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow..well good news at last. I do hope that you are approved and I know that it will be a relief to have her advocate for you with Welfare. Hopefully she will find more things that you are eligible for that will help you. So, now you can breathe a sigh of relief...at least a little one

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank goodness for people like that advocate. Hang in there, Hunniebun.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah I am really thankful for her, it makes it a lot easier. I went to my doctor today and saw him for a while and he said he needs a few more days to finish up the package and then when it is ready they will call me so I can come pick it up. After that, I make another appointment to go back to the advocate, she reviews it with me and we mail it off and wait for the next 3 or so months with fingers crossed.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Saw her again today, she reviewed the package, said it all looked good and mailed it for me. So from today's date on, 3 months from now they will make their decision, just have to wait and see and try to just forget about it and not dwell on it until the time comes, and even if it is denied, she and I will appeal right away.

Thanks

Hope you get good news - just in time for the holidays!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've been approved! Got my letter today! I am in a state of shock I think, I can't believe it's happened, I am so young and they still approved me! YES, WHAT A RELIEF!!!
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

Hey, Hunniebun,
    I'm happy for you! Hopefully, now you can concentrate on feeling as well as possible, rather than on how you're going to survive.
    Go give that excellent advocate a big hug - that is someone who is doing her job.
    Hugs,
    Marla