Thread: L e n e :)

Thanks

Talking L e n e :)

Hello everyone, my name is Lene. I am 21 yrs old- and was diagnosed w/ SLE, Fybromialgia, and Raynauds syndrome last year. For the past year, i have been on the craziest rollercoaster ride trying to handle my health. I try very hard to be strong & positive, but its hard having to do so by myself.. since i do not know anyone w/ LUPUS.. noone can relate to what i go through. I joined to be able to reach out to ppl for advice and help and of course friendship.

Thanks

Welcome Lene,
    You have joined up with the right kind of people. Here I have found encouragement, friendship, help, and understanding. It means a lot to know you are not alone. We are all here and together we can pull along. One piece of cord is weak but when you wrap several together you will have a strong rope. That is what you will find here new friends that will help you pull yourself out of the muck and mire of Lupus until you have solid footing once again. When you are well you can help others that are weak. It works well when we all pull together. So, Welcome we all understand! Billie

Thanks

"Ditto" there, Lene, what Billie said. Be sure and read all the stickies at the top of each section of the forum. It took me a few days, and then I had to go back and do it again, since my brain leaks... Might not be a bad idea for me to do it *again*...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Lene,

I am 23 years old and I have a combination of Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sjogrens Syndrome (Raynaud's as well, and all sorts of other things), and I also suffer through everything alone when it comes to how I feel, all the symptoms, dealing with doctor after doctor, and my pain, etc, as nobody else in my family or any of my friends have this nor do they help me with it. I do however have a very wonderful, supportive, and understanding boyfriend who would rope the moon for me if he could, so I am very grateful for him and love him endlessly.
    I found this website in April and have not looked back. The people here are absolutely amazing and very knowledgeable, and the best part is we ALL know what you're talking about and going through.

Welcome

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi We are all here for each other. I was diagnosised at age 58 and i have lupus and myositis and rhuematoid arthur and i to did not know anyone personally who had these things and i thank God i found this web site and all these wonderfull people. Glad to know you Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi lene
    It is very hard to find someone that can relate to people like us because on the outside we don't always look like we are sick.
    People are more aware of other illnesses than lupus so it is left to us to try and explain. It has been about 5 years since I was first diagnosed and it is exactly how you describe it a rollercoaster. Take it one day and one flare up at a time and enjoy the sick free days. You have a friend here if you need. Feel better.
    Slim

Thanks

Thanks everyone!
    I'm keeping everyone in my prayers for a better tomorrow.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to our family. As you have seen, this place is filled with the kindest, most supportive people on the web. You will find that there is always someone here when you are in need and that everyone here is understanding and willing to help in any way that we can.
    I am glad that you are here

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Welcome aboard! We are glad that you found us and we look forward to getting to know you. Together we laugh, cry, complain, encourage and most of all, understand. Please look around and never forget that we are here for you