Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stress and Lupus

Thanks

Butterfly, Solesinger and Spacey - hugs to all of you...

Spacey, you're in Oregon - if you have used 7 weeks of your FMLA leave, you still have 5 you can use. talk to your doc, ask him/her to recommend that you take a couple of weeks off. You need to recover, and that will take REST! the FMLA will protect your job.

Butterfly - please let us know if things are going any better. Have you talked to someone? We can provide "virtual shoulders" here - but I think you really need to talk to someone, a doctor, a counselor, someone to help you through this dark period. YOu've got a lot going for you - and even if it takes a semester or two longer, you WILL finish school. Do it on YOUR schedule - you don't have to follow anyone elses.

Solesinger - you are so strong! YOu are learning balance, and will manage and make it through. Believe in the beauty of your soul, dear, it has helped many on this board already. We believe in you!

Thanks

Default Thank u hatlady

Thank you for all your support. I am going to take care of myself. I was under so much stress because my family expects so much from me. They expect me to finish school when I'm suppossed to. So I always felt guilty about taking time off. But you made a great point, hatlady, I can always go back to school.

I don't understand why people can put you down like that. Make you feel bad if you don't do things their way. WHY!!!!!???????

But thanks again hatlady for all your support. You are so sweet and we need more people in the world like you.

For my birthday I found out that I was pregnant, so I REALLY have to take care of myself and my baby.

Thanks hatlady!!!!
    You too shall overcome this!

Thanks

Butterfly, congratulations on the pregnancy! And happy birthday too! :new-bday:

Do work closely with your doc and your rheumy, you need to take special care during this time. Keep us posted on how things are going for you.

Take even more care now to manage stress - you're watching your health for you and for the baby.

And thanks for your kind words as well -

gentle hugs~~

Thanks

Butterfly...

I understand that you are going through a lot right now...I was diagnosed when I was 19!!!

I am now 28, and I believe in my heart that if you read your sig...you can get through this!!!

If you need anything I'm just an email away!!!
    ~*~Shannon~*~

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Default Stress and Lupus

Butterfly,
    Yes stress makes Lupus worse. I've been sooo stressed these past few months with no end in sight. And THEN I started losing my hair, which only started causing more stress, and weight gain, which caused more stress. It's become a neverending circle. I'm trying to get off my butt and straightedn thigs out, but it's so hard, and I'm not feeling very motivated.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I understand, and "am right there with ya girl!"

Sometimes sleep feels like the only "break"!