Thread: Back from vacation

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Back from vacation

We got back today from our vacation. i wish we could have stayed! We went up to visit my grandmother in NY and then to upstate NY to visit my uncle and meet his 4 new kiddos (they are adopting 4 brothers)! We had so much fun. I haven't felt so good in forever! It must have been the higher altitude - that's the only thing I can think of. It wasn't an immediate, "Oh wow, I feel better", but more of a gradual thing to the point where I didn't need any medicine the last day up there! As we were going back down to my grandmother's, though, i started not feeling good and by the time we got home today - UGH! I asked my hubby, "Can't we just go back?"

We did have a lot of fun, though. For the most part the kids are great. They do have a lot of issues to work out, but w/the exception of one of the kids I think they'll be okay. I don't know about the oldest, though. He has quite a bit on his plate. I can only pray that w/some consistency and lots of therapy and love he can get straightened out.

Hope everyone is doing well and had a great week!
    Lauren

Thanks

I am so glad for you, that you got to see your family, had so much fun and felt good.
    Too bad that you don't feel that good anymore.
    Where did you go in upstate NY?

Hope you can feel good again soon.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Debbie -
    We went to Kingston, my grandma's, and then up to Lake Luzerne. It was so beautiful up at the lake. We're going to go back up in the fall, but up to my uncle's house in the mountains. Not that Luzerne isn't in the mountains, but his other house is actually on top of a mountain! It's even better up there! Can't wait for that trip!
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi lauren,

so glad to hear from you. Wow, that was a nice vacation, i am glad you were able to meet your new nephews. I agree with you, i hope with some consistency and unconditional love, the oldest will be able to overcome the damage of his past.

sorry to hear that you started feeling badly and had to cut the trip short. hope you are feeling better now.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So glad to hear what a fab timme you have had.Wow 4 brothers!! Thats such a lovely gift to do. I hope they settle in nicely, it'll take time to adjust,but i bet they'll love having a family.Keep us informed how they get on.
    Mountains....every time i hear stories of members going on vacation,mountains always seem to help the health.I need one...i hope i get to go to one and go to the top lol.Welcome home and glad you enjoyed your holidayxxxxxx
    lots of love
    Amanda.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks ladies! It really is amazing how much of a difference the altitude made.

Amanda - I hope you do get to go to a mountain - it's so beautiful! We got home and it was like, "Ugh!" Such a difference!

I was glad to get home though, I missed my dogs! Just wish I felt better.
    Lauren

Thanks

Wow, I know what you mean about upstate NY. My DH is from the Middletown/Newburgh area. The last time we were there, I felt wonderful. It is such a beautiful area, too.
    We are seriously thinking about trying to retire in that area.
    Hugs,
    Marla