Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes it pays

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Angry Sometimes it pays

Yesterday I had close to a breakdown in front of my endo. I was an emotional mess. I told him how his staff was ignoring all the calls from my pharmacy and myself. I told him how I didn't get my test results for month instead of 3 days. I told him that I had to have my PCP (regular doctor) write the refills for me.

He got very angry and said he felt responsible. He gave me 3 months worth of samples and ordered labs. This was yesterday, today he personally called me with the results. I go back in 2 months.

So maybe it pays to throw an emotional fit in front of the doc.

Nonna, twitching away

I wrote this last night and lost my wireless connection before I could post. Sometimes things go right, sometimes they go badly; but atleast they go forward.
    Last edited by Nonna; 08-14-2010 at 02:03 AM.

Thanks

OH GOSH Nonna - How did you feel when you left his office? How did you manage to drive home? And what is an endo? Hopefully the results are fine though.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Endo is an endocrenologist ( a gland) doctor that I see for hypothyroidism and low blood calcium. My calcium is very low at the moment, but my sugar level is great- a 79. I was calm by the time I left the building. Had to make the return appointment for October and get the new blood drawn. After my experience in the ER with the IV & blood work I was afraid my veins were done. She got it easily and I drove back to work. Whoorray for the lab technican who know how to smoothly draw blood.
    Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

At least it helped. I'm happy he got his butt in gear, and called you personally to tell you how the tests went. Many doctors wouldn't do that.
    happy to hear about your blood tech. I don't think I'll ever be low on calcium....I drink too much milk. lol
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

My emotional fits in front of doctors take a little different form. Just imagine a 6'1" 200lb pissed off Drill Sergeant who makes profanity an art form and you'll get the picture...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (08-15-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Rob, you make me smile, I wish mine could be like that. I'm too wishy-washy. I'm not strong emotionally and I have little willpower. I went in to fire him after 12 years, but wasn't strong enough to do it. I can only think that God must have a plan he hasn't let me know about. Oh well, such is Life.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    Oh Rob, you make me smile, I wish mine could be like that. I'm too wishy-washy. I'm not strong emotionally and I have little willpower. I went in to fire him after 12 years, but wasn't strong enough to do it. I can only think that God must have a plan he hasn't let me know about. Oh well, such is Life.
    I just get so tired, things always hurt, and much of my patience and tolerance has gone away. I guess I just reached the point where other people's B.S. in regards to my health is something I don't put up with, and often times the B.S. comes from doctors. They only have to deal with our problems for the tiny sliver of time where they actually see us, while we have to live with this stuff 24/7. And I got tired of other people like my ex girlfriend back in Arizona telling me how hard my disease was on them. Guess what babe, I can guarantee you that it's a whole lot harder on me! Fortunately with Karen, this isn't an issue, as she's very understanding.

Rob

BTW, I find that most people dealing with chronic illnesses like Lupus have great willpower and are very strong emotionally-that includes you! You are stronger than you give yourself credit for.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Nonna (08-14-2010), Saysusie (08-15-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    ... They only have to deal with our problems for the tiny sliver of time where they actually see us...
    And don't forget, they get PAID to do it!... lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    Yesterday I had close to a breakdown in front of my endo. I was an emotional mess. I told him how his staff was ignoring all the calls from my pharmacy and myself. I told him how I didn't get my test results for month instead of 3 days. I told him that I had to have my PCP (regular doctor) write the refills for me.

He got very angry and said he felt responsible. He gave me 3 months worth of samples and ordered labs. This was yesterday, today he personally called me with the results. I go back in 2 months.

So maybe it pays to throw an emotional fit in front of the doc.

Nonna, twitching away

I wrote this last night and lost my wireless connection before I could post. Sometimes things go right, sometimes they go badly; but atleast they go forward.
    I hope you are feeling better today - emotionally. I am glad you told the doc what the deal was with his staff and practice and even happier that he seems to have gotten the message and personally altered his level of care for you. Hooray for that victory!!!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Nonna,

Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!!! I too had a breakdown in front of my Rheumy. It changed our whole relationship.

In some respects, I think it is not that the Drs. do not "care" about us, I think it is that they simply "forget" we are people and not lupus (or whatever else we all deal with).

Once I had the breakdown, I think he remembered that there is a soul inside the body. That the "person inside" needs help too.

It doesn't hurt to give them a reminder now and then... how dramatic we choose is up to us!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    Emerson